Chapter VII

Jill looks afraid.

Please no...

"Sissy?" she begins to cry. "Don't worry Jill. It's nothing to worry about, okay?" I try keeping my voice steady, but It cracks.

"Go into my room and wait for me there." I say. I hold back my worry, for Jill.

"But sissy I-"

"Please Jill.." I beg.

Jill listens and runs into my room.

Please don't let it be what I think it is..

I take my time, and set my milkshake on the table.

I'm scared.

My heart begins to beat quickly.

So scared...

And my thoughts consume me.. and I travel back in time.. to my thirteenth birthday. It was just like this night.

Just like this night.

My father had sent both Jill and I to the movie theater. It would give them enough time to plan my birthday out.. they were always late on birthdays.

Jill and I had seen some romantic comedy about some rich man and poor woman. I fell asleep. Jill, on the other hand, talked about the movie the whole way home.

"Sissy! you should of seen it! He proposed and everything!" she said with pure joy.

"Oh ya?" I said.

"It was amazing! Pure genius!". She really liked the movie.

As we arrived home, I heard voices. Loud voices. Those voices belonged to my parents.. My mother had been drinking.

I opened the door, and both my parents were in the kitchen.

"Jill, go into my room" I said, with hopes that she would listen. But she didn't. She never listened.

"Sissy, what's happening? Why is mommy yelling?" she asked, ignoring what I said.

"I don't know.. just listen to me okay?" Jill nodded and headed to my room. The door, locked. My parent's voices grew louder.

"Dad.. What's going on?" I asked. He didn't hear me. I began to shake, my palms began to sweat.

"Da-"

"Give me the fucking bottle, Richard!" yelled my mother, her hands in the air.

I started to shake even more. "Dad..?" I whispered. They nearly shook the house.

"Celine, you need to calm down.. please darling." I saw the pain in my fathers eyes.. My legs began to tremble.

My mother took a bottle of liquor and began to swing it around the room, yelling gibberish.

"You! Agh, fuck!".

Cold sweats began running down my neck. "Mom, stop..." I whispered. She didn't listen. There was no way I would be able to control the situation. So I left. I ran out the door, leaving Jill behind.

I was born in early December, the air was cold. I kept running until I found an empty park. I must of stayed there for a couple hours, maybe three.

I began to worry about Jill.. I wanted to take her.. but I panicked , and forgot how to function.

When the stars were out, I began to walk home. It was probably the most loneliest walk I've ever taken. But it gave me time to think about what had happened..