Prologue: Emails

Email from mapleredeh on January 13, 2014 at 10:37 pm.

Dear Connor Murphy,

Yeah, I also miss our talks. Please stop doing drugs!! Take deep breaths when you need to; maybe take a hike. (I don't mean that in a rude way, duh.) I'm attaching some pictures of some really beautiful trees I saw the other day. You'll be obsessed with how much I've learned, heh. I'm proud of you. You're really pushing it through and turning around. All it really takes is a little reinvention. Just give your mental health some attention and you'll make it. All you have to do is believe in yourself.

Sincerely,

Me.

Email from 97spice on January 13, 2014 at 10:39 pm.

Dear Evan Hansen,

Genuine thanks for your last email. It is hard to just stop doing drugs like that *insert finger snap*. The only time I seem to smile is when we're talking but I do think I'm doing better. I had dinner with my family earlier, as I mentioned in my last email. Do you want to go out to the orchard tomorrow? I can pick you up while your mum is out. If so, I'd really feel so great about that. I know you wish we could talk more at school or in public but I just can't be seen with you. I love you but you're just... awkward. So awkward. And my parents hate your family, I think. Might be thinking of a different Hansen but seriously. I'm sorry about that, man.

Sincerely,

Me.

Email from mapleredeh@gmail.com on January 13, 2014 at 10:44 pm.

Dear Connor Murphy,

You love me? Ha, as if anyone does. Anyways, that sounds amazing! We should totally go to the orchard. The branches covered in snow... Eek, sounds great. What time? My mom leaves at 6am 6 am tomorrow. WhY mUST yOu ThInK iM aWkWaRd I just wanna be friends irl. But I can deal. Seeing you also puts a genuine smile on my face. Can't wait to see you. I should probably get to sleep before my mom gets home.

Sincerely,

Me.

Author's Note: Thank you for starting Let Go Before You Fall! I will be alternating between a chapter written as an email conversation and irl perspective; mostly from Connor's perspective. -Sage