Chapter 1

Nancy drove up to the building. It was dark and in the center of the woods. Mist floated above the ground just so it reached her ankle. Chills ran up her spine. Why would anyone even come here or choose to stay here?

Nancy had accepted a murder case which had led her to this place. Clutching her bag tightly, she checked that her documents, cellphone, notebook, camera, flashlight and some spare batteries were in. Check. She pressed the car keys and locked her car. The sound of the car lock echoed and made her jump. Mud clinged to her shoes and with a little effort, she walked out of it and climbed the steps to this godforsaken mansion.

She pushed open the door. Thank god for her flashlight. She shone it around the house. It was huge. The gloominess made her shake but she tried to collect herself together. She looked for a switch and to her surprise, there was still power. A giant electric-powered chandelier flickered until it displayed an orange-y light. It wasn't really a help at all but at least she could see a little better now.

She took out the documents from her bag and reread them. So this place was called Black Manor. The woman who died was never found. Creepy. As she read on so intently, someone in the shadows was watching her every move.

HEY!! Thank you so much for reading my story so far. I just did this out of boredom but i hope you like it!! Please vote if you liked it and i will appreciate it very very much! ❤ Comment what you thought about it! Thank you all ☺