Chapter 5

"My bag.." Nancy could almost feel her stomach hit the ground. That wasn't the only thing that had her freeze in her tracks. It was hanging on the arm of the dead lady.

   Nancy thought for a moment. It didn't make sense. If her body was never found, how did they even know if she was dead?

   This made Nancy even more terrified. What if she wasn't dead? With a hand over her mouth, she slowly walked over to the 'dead' woman. "Please don't move please don't move.." She grabbed the  handle of the bag and ran across the room. She felt even faster than Usain Bolt. Opening her eyes, she checked if she had the bag. "Phew." Nancy's heart had been racing and pounding so fast that she was pretty sure the floor was vibrating with it. She checked the contents. All there. Thank God.

   The woman's eyes were closed and she was lying on a table. She didn't give it a second glance. It may sound cruel of me to have done so, but I mean, who would really go check right? Sorry if that happens in horror movies but, this ain't one.

   Hugging her bag tightly to her chest, she scanned her surroundings. Her heart started pounding again.

   The tunnel was gone, the woman was gone and there was no door.

   The room was bare. Except it looked much larger than the previous one. It looked like one fit for a ball. Rich family. It would've looked lavish if it wasn't so dusty.

   Nancy rummaged her bag for her phone. "No reception? Seriously? What did I bring you for?" Feeling frightened with a tinge of madness, she put her phone back in her bag and pulled her knees to her chest, with her bag between it. Her forehead on her knees. Tears started to flow down her face and she didn't stop it. Now all she wanted was to go home. Maybe even quit being a detective after this.

   A few moments later, a hand landed on her shoulder.

Hey guys! Thank you all so much for your positive comments, it really motivated me so much. I know it's a bit late for this but, if you guys were confused, the italic words are Nancy's thoughts. Not all, but, you know what i mean. :) Enjoy and don't forget to vote/comment! :)