Chapter 4

Nancy turned the rusty doorknob and pushed. It was pitch black. Not daring to step inside, she flashed her torchlight into it.

   "Oh. My. God."

   It was incredible but freaky. It was a whole tunnel right through. Could this be the door to freedom? Nancy said in her head. She was still at the doorstep so maybe she could try the other doors. Just then, a thought ran through her mind. What if the other two doors contained something even more bizaare? What if the other two contained something that could kill me? Nancy placed her hand on her collarbones. "Oh God, I hope this is the right choice."

   She then started crawling across the tunnel like a little child at a playground. It shook. Nancy didn't know what to think. For all that she knew she could even be in something's stomach! Er..no no no. Think positive Nancy. Muttering a soft prayer, she continued. Her torchlight didn't find anything useful too, it was all cobwebs. After a few minutes of inching forward with her arms, it had started to ache. When she started seeing light, she crawled even faster. All she wanted to do know was to get out of this tunnel. Or whatever it was.

   Finally. She squealed as she came out of the tunnel awkwardly. Oof. She quickly massaged her aching arms and sighed. "Alright, time to get a good look around this."

   Nancy lifted her eyes to scan the room. Her jaw dropped. 1) Ok, this didn't look anything like freedom. 2) She had seen something that couldn't possibly be true.