Chapter 7

Sensing something bad imminent, Nancy raced towards the door in the wall and didn't look back. Hearing Randy's voice behind her made her run faster.

   "You can run, Miss Nancy, but you can never hide."

   It was almost as if she could hear him smirk. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she ran. Was there no one that could help me get out?! It was a very, very long corridor, lit by dim lights along the walls.

   Nancy didn't turn back. She didn't want to. She was panting hard but didn't slow down; just kept on running and running and running, looking for a door. Right then, she would've jumped down a 12-storey window if that meant escape.

   Nancy wiped off her tears and slowly stopped running. She was so goddamn tired. Physically and mentally. Her legs dropped onto the carpeted floor. She crawled to the wall and leaned against it as she regained her breath.

   Whipping out her phone from her bag, there was still no reception. "Uggghhhh." Nancy groaned as she rested her head against the wall, closed her eyes and sighed. Please just let me rest for a minute.

   Bzzz. Bzzz. The phone vibrated. Nancy's eyes shot open. I didn't mean literally!? She looked at her notifications. There was a message! She pressed the notification.

   It was an unknown number. The message read, "Having a nice rest, Miss Nancy?"

   Nancy was speechless. Her heart pounded against her chest so fast she was surprised it hadn't exploded. She looked right where she had ran and then looked left. There was no one.

   Mustering up every bit of courage she had left, she typed out, "Who are you and what the hell do you want from me?! Are you Randy?"

   Bzzz. Bzzz.

   "I'll tell Randy you said hi. Goodnight, Miss Nancy."

   What kind of shit reply was that?! 

   She typed out, "Listen mister, whoever you are, I am sick of these little games. First Randy now this? If you have the guts then come out of your little hiding place and meet me."

   Bzzz. Bzzz.

   "Patience, detective. You're so eager to see me already? You'll be meeting me soon, don't worry. You'll be needing a good night's rest for tomorrow, dear. Now, goodnight."

   Nancy was fuming with rage. You think I WANT to meet you? You've left me with no choice you cowardly asshole! Stop treating me like a fool! And what's with the goo-

   And Nancy blacked out.

Hey guys :) I realised that my previous chapters were quite short and I hope you guys didn't mind it :/ On a side note, thank you guys SOO much for 136 views that is insane! I hope you guys enjoy the story so far and liked this chapter!

Question: Who do you think was texting Nancy? What was in store for her the next morning?

Don't forget to vote/comment if you liked this chapt! ❤