Chapter 13

The walk took almost forever. The three walked through a corridor that seemed like there was no end. The longer they took, the more Nancy dreaded what lay ahead of her.

"Master Nicholas must've had all the time in the world. By the time we reach there'd probably be holes in my shoes." Nancy said.

"Well, for one, he was rich. And free." Randy agreed.

After what felt like hours of walking, they finally reached.

"Seriously man, just chop off half of this longass corridor. You guys might live longer."

Randy and Jenn laughed. "Miss Nancy, as great of a deal as that sounds, it's not up to us to decide." Jenn comments.

Nancy smiled and shrugged. Jenn straightened Nancy's dress and perfected her hair one last time before doing the same to herself. "Okay. Here goes. Good luck, Miss Nancy." Jenn and Randy whisper.

She knocked the door three times. Starting to feel nervous, Nancy turned around to look at the two of them one last time. "You guys can't come with me?" She asked with disappointment clinging to her words. She would miss them. Besides, who was going to guide her?

"Now, dear. You'll be alright." Jenn said lovingly. Nancy rushed forward and hugged both of them. A smile appeared on both Randy and Jenn's old faces. "Hehe, okay kiddo. The door's open."

Nancy released the hold and the three exchanged their final goodbyes.

Breathing in a deep breath, she pushed the door further open.

It was a ballroom. I know I described every room as a ballroom, but this, this is literally a ballroom. I know it when I see one.

"Am I early or is Master Nicholas that FA? Nancy muttered.

"You're just in time." A voice answered, echoing throughout the room.

Nancy jumped and spun to look for the source of the voice. Her jaw dropped.

He looked around her age, and he was extremely dashing. He wore a tux and his voice was deep and sexy. Maybe staying here wouldn't be such a bad thing after all. (Oh, women.) After realizing she was giving him googly eyes, she coughed and looked down, straightening her dress sheepishly.

"You sure you're a ghost?"

He laughed. "In a manner of speaking, yes."

"Well detective, liking me already? The last one looked at me like she would do anything for me to do her. You're not like that, are you?" He said, half giggling.

Nancy's cheeks flushed as anger grew in her.

Did he just imply that I look like a whore? Still the same jerk I knew him to be. Hang on a second, did he say 'the last one'? Could it be the dead girl?

"You don't say. Who was here before me?" Nancy blurted out her thoughts. Master Nicholas smiled.

"I think you know better than me, detective. That's what brought you here in the first place."

True.

Suddenly, classical music started to play from god knows where.

"Without further delay detective, would you like a dance?"