Chapter 12

"Oh look, she's waking up. Jenn! Get her ready in time. Master Nicholas doesn't like to wait." The man snapped. Randy?

Nancy slowly regained consciousness and realised she was being tied to a chair. Her bag taken away again. She didn't really care anymore. The only thing important in that bag was her phone and her notebook and there was no signal anyway. She knew she would never be able to wiggle out of the ropes so she didn't bother trying.

What am I supposed to be getting ready for? What's all this fuss about? Who was Jenn?

The man lifted her chin so she could look at him. Surprise, surprise. It was Randy. "Hey there, Missy. I bet you got all sorts of questions in your mind right now huh. Jenn's another housekeeper here. She'll be getting you dolled up for the event, so stop sulking. Master Nicholas wouldn't like that."

Suddenly Nancy recalled the man in the black cloak and felt a shiver run up her spine. Was he Master Nicholas? "Randy?"

"Yeah Miss?"

"Was the man in the black cloak earlier on Master Nicholas?"

His eyes widened. "Oh no...this is bad, this is bad.." His reply was starting to make her panic. "Why? What's bad, Randy? Who was he?"

He looked at her with a worried face. "Miss Nancy, I suggest you'd better get ready now. Jenn!! Where the hell are you!"

An old lady around Randy's age and height hurried in, holding the sides of her skirt so it wouldn't trip her. "Alright, Randall. There's no need to shout." Randall haha. Randy rolled his eyes. "Nancy, Jenn. Jenn, Nancy."

She looked at Nancy and scanned her from head to toe. "I'll have to give you a good makeover now, won't I? Your clothes wouldn't do." Nancy frowned slightly. There was nothing wrong with her clothes.

Randy walked towards Jenn and whispered something. Jenn's face became slightly paled and showed the same expression Randy had earlier.

"Oh dear, Miss Nancy. I'm afraid we don't have much time." She pulled out a make up set from her pocket and started powdering Nancy's face. Powdering, more like dunking my whole face in the powder.

Randy watched intently. "I don't get makeup. It's like you're just colouring your face. Though it does make women look good. Provided it's done well, of course."

Jenn and Nancy both smirked at his comment. A few minutes later, the face was done. Onto the clothes.

Jenn walked to a wardrobe not far from where Nancy and Randy were and grabbed a few vintage-looking dresses. "Randall, turn around." Jenn commanded. He grumbled and faced the wall. Nancy tried the dresses on one by one and at last, there was the perfect one.

"This is perfect! Randall look at her!" Jenn said as admired Nancy, beaming at her masterpeice. Awkward. Randy turned around and gawked. "Damn, Miss Nancy. You should wear clothes like this everyday." Nancy smiled.

After the hair was done and the shoes were picked. Nancy walked to a full length mirror to see how she looked.

Wow. Just, wow.

She looked like those women from the 1800s. But woah, did she look good.

"Okay, Nancy. Let's bring you to Master Nicholas now, shall we?" Jenn's voice brought her back to reality. "Um...I guess I don't have much of a choice." She said as she followed Randy and Jenn to the person who had been bothering her ever since the start of this investigation.

Longer chapter :)

Question: Who is the man in the black cloak? :O

Don't forget to vote/comment! ❤