Chapter 8

"What happened..." Nancy muttered under her breath as she rubbed her eyes and squinted. She had fallen asleep. Her hair was a mess. She had been lying down in an awkward position so she sat up to straightened her back. The sound which followed was the sound of her back cracking. "Damn, that felt good." Nancy smiled to herself and pushed her hair to the back of her head.

She still had her bag with her. Thank God. Then she realised the floor wasn't the same carpeted floor. "Oh no..." She looked up, the room was huge. It was circular and windows surrounded her. Sunlight poured in through them and lit up the room. No doors. Again.

The room didn't look too bad, actually. The sunlight made her feel quite warm against a this time beige coloured carpet. Master Nicholas must've had a thing for carpets or something. It looked like one of those rooms in Cinderella when she was dancing with the prince.

There was a piano at the side of the room. Wonder what that's for.

Memories of last night flooded into her mind and she remembered that her main objective was to escape. Right.

The infamiliarity with the room finally got to her and chills ran up her spine. Just as she got up to leave, her phone vibrated again.

"Leaving so soon? I bet you don't even know where to go. You haven't even met me yet. Besides, you're not even prepared for the event."

I could jump out the window, Mr Smart-Alec. Rolling her eyes, she typed back:

"I don't wish to meet you and I don't even care about whatever event I'm supposed to be prepared for. I just want to get out of here."

Bzzz. Bzzz.

"Then you have to be a good girl now and do what I ask you to. Don't try to escape."

Nancy almost wanted to point the finger at that message. What did I do to deserve this. She breathed in a deep breath and typed:

"FINE. Provided I have my bag with me at all times. But, you have to do something that can gain my trust first, then i'll go. You have to think of what, though." She smirked and sent the message.

There was a pause.

Bzzz. Bzzz.

"I guess we have ourselves a deal then, Miss Nancy."