Chapter 16: Mr. & Mrs. (Ceremony)

Time skip to the wedding.
Skye Pov

"Odette, come over here so Momma can help you get dressed." I say, as I'm getting ready myself. Odette listens immediately, going over to Gen who gets Odette dressed up in her flower girl attire.

"Sissy, you look like a princess." Odette says once she see's me.

"So do you munchkin." I say, boiling Odette on the nose, and she giggles.
•••

As Jared and I walk to the end of the isle, the song In Case You Didn't Know by Brett Young started playing. When Tom sees me, he looks amazed, suprised, overwhelmed, excited, and happy all at the same time.

Jared walks me up to the alter before giving me a kiss on the top of my head

"Take care of my girl for me." Jared tells Tom, and he nods.

Tom and I hold and just stare into each other's eyes as the rest of the song plays out.
•••

"The couple have prepared their own vows, and would like to share them with you." The pastor says, and Tom goes first, grabbing a piece of paper out of his pocket.

"Skye, my promise to you is simple, I'll endure to the end. I'll be your one and only, your lover and your friend. I'll listen and I'll nuture, I'll fight and I'll be true. I'll do my equal share, and I will never give up on you. I'll try to do my very best, to fulfill your every need. I'll walk beside you hand in hand, I'll help you to succeed. I'll be your constant equal, I'll give you room to grow, I'll tend to you when you are sick, build you up when you are low. I stand before these witnesses, and I day unto you, no matter what times we face, Our love will make it through. And even though I'm unsure about most things in life, I am certain that I love you, and I will continue to love you forever. Amen." Tom says, tears in his eyes by the time he finishes.

"Tom, I promise to remember that neither one of us is perfect, but to remind myself of the ways we are perfect for each other. I didn't fall in love with you, I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe that we are only fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway. And I would choose you: in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you, and I'd choose you. I love you, I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday that we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours, and I will live you to the end of infinity." I reply, reading my vows off a piece of paper.

"I pronounce you two husband and wife. You may now kiss your beautiful bride." The pastor says, and Tom blushes.

"Oh for God's sake, kiss me already Holland." I say loudly, grabbing Tom by his tie, wrapping it around my hand and pulling him into a kiss. This causes the whole audience to stand up and cheer.