Ch30 Without his Queen

2 years Later...

I hesitated. I couldn't move, afraid of what would have happened if I walked out that door. Afraid that he would find me again and I would risk losing Everin. So we stayed. I choose to stay to protect her. Two years had passed and She was getting so big already. 5 years old and already looking more like her father. "Everin give your brother his toy back." I say as I sit on the couch watching Everin play with her little brother. Once Asher returned that night that we were supposed to leave he was going to take Everin away from me but I begged and pleaded, and made a promise to him. I gave him a son, to take over his business once he was old enough. Only I won't let him become the monster his father is. 

Ever since then, He would lay a finger on me, he was still cruel but I think he was afraid that if he hit me, I could lose the baby. But most of the time he was gone and I was here stuck in this prison. I brought my attention back to Ezra when I hear him crying. "Awe what's the matter baby." I walk over o him picking him up in my arms and bouncing him making him giggle. "Is my little baby hunger?" I ask and he begins to say gibberish unable to talk yet. It was lunchtime and I was outside with Everin and had ezra in my lap while he drinks his milk. "Mommy and we go to the lake?" "After lunch baby eat first." We would go to the lake everyday after lunch if it wasn't raining. It was like our little secret place of peace.

 Asher never came out there so we weer always safe from him there. "Where are we going after we eat?" I turn my head to see Asher standing by the table with Jackson behind him. Jackson told Asher about what Jade did that night and he killed him for it, but he didn't say anything about me trying to escape and I always wondered why. "To our secret place." Everin says with a smile on her face. "Oh really secret huh? Well maybe you won't mind me joining you this afternoon then.

 "He take a seat next to me and I tense up tightening my grip on to Ezra. "Give me my son." I hesitate looking him in the eyes, and he gives me a glare warning him not to test him. He grabs Erza placing him in his lap and it makes me nervous. I feel so protective of him and it makes my heart race every time he's in his arms. "My son is gonna be a strong man, and he's gonna take over when I'm gone and be the next king of the mafia. "I won't let him be like you." I spit at Asher and he averts attention to me. "Your right, he's gonna be worse than me. I'm going to turn him into the most feared man in the world. "I won't let you." I say standing up." 

 "Princess please don't make me angry." He stands up and looks me in my eyes and look at Ezra. "Sorry." I apologize to him taking my seat. "Don't look down princess let's visit your so called secret place yeah?" I stand up grabbing Everins hand and we walk out to the backyard leading him to the lake. "We come here to get a little peace and quiet just for a little while." I explain to him. "I can understand that, this is a beautiful lake after all right?" I nod my head yes. "But I hope you understand that can't come here anymore." I look at him confused. "I can't have my wife running off with my son, from now on you both stay in the house."

 Two of his men come and grab Everins hand taking back inside because it's time from her ballet lessons. "Asher please, you taken everything from me, please don't take away the one spot that I have to get away from you, why can't you understand that I hate it here,that I hate you, how could I ever want to be with a monster like you!" I stop talking once I realize that I said too much. "Asher I... I didn't mea..." He backhand slapped me causing me to fall to the ground with my nose now bleeding. "You just don't know how to keep your mouth shut do you?" "I look at him with tears in my eyes.

 "Get her inside." Snaps his fingers and Jackson walks behind me grabbing my arm taking me inside. "I can walk by myself!" I snatch away from him storming inside. Walking into the bathroom I grab a towel and wet it took wipe the blood off my face when I notice another pair of underwear on the ground that didn't belong to me. When I got pregnant Asher started bringing women in our bed and I would sleep in Everins room with her. It's not like I cared or anything I'm glad he wouldn't touch me and he hasn't yet, it's just annoying seeing different women come in here and leave there undergarments everywhere. I roll my eyes and Pick them up with a paper towel in my hand throwing them into the trash can.