Baby Name

Characters: Reade, Zapata.
Ship: Rapata
Season:au
Episode:au
Description: They need baby names. (Don't get offended I'm using a random name generator so if your name is mentioned. Sorry)

"For the fifth time Ed. Hell! No!" Tasha expresses, she puts a defensive hand on her 37 week pregnant tummy.

"Whats wrong with Lilly" he complains walking in boxer-shorts,through the door to the bedroom.

"The kid's a Zapata for God's sake. Not the daughter of a florist"

"Well you come up with one." He quips.

"Bella."

"Boring."

"Amelia, Evelyn, Charlotte?" She suggests.

"Evelyn is nice. Like my name. Hayley or Edie."

"Edie? Your joking"

"What. Its my name."

"I like Sienna and Harper."

"Harper sounds innocent, You're her mom."

"Screw you." His wife laughs. "But Ed, we need a name. I'm 37 weeks and she's expected early. So be smart. It has to fit."

"Tasha. Devil isn't a name."

"Stop before I name her after a princess."

"How would you know about princesses."

"I didn't raise my brother alone all my childhood" she says irately.

"That's not... Oh Tash." He says seeing the sadness in her eyes. He wraps her in a hug and kisses her forehead until she is relaxed.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to be like this with you it's just... Until coach Jones: you had a fairly decent childhood. I don't want her to have anything like we did."

"Tasha what happened. Your defensive, which i get but who protected you?"

"Nobody Ed. Nobody. Me, Nickolas, and Maria the addict. I'm pretty sure addiction is in our genetics. Drugs, Booze, Gambling." Her hand links with his.

"You can't think like that. Because it's not true. What about you dad?" He approaches softly.

"Wish I new. Probably an addict as well. Wouldn't try and find him though. He don't want us. I don't want him.

"Okay. Whats his name?"

"If I tell you. You ain't gonna find him are you?"

"No I promise."

"Ricardo Ruiz."

"Ok Tash. What happened at night, what was it like."

"Why?"

"All of the nightmares."

"My mom could get drunk or high, hit me, I would hide Nickolas in my closet: so she couldn't touch him: go and steal food from the corner store: feed my brother when my she passed out on the couch: I would put on a mini skirt, a bralette and heels: go out gambling and maybe win money so I could give Nickolas his lunch for school tomorrow. I would clean, hide the vodka bottles, shower if the water was on and get two hours sleep, send him to school then go and get the crap beat out if me by one of the many guys my mom brought home." She scries

He kisses each year away and runs his hand down her naked and tanned side as she takes are sharp breath in. "What is it."

"Holy Crap. What are you, a freaking kick boxer or just choking on your chord." She yells at her round, tanned belly, making Ed laugh. For 37 weeks, the 30 year old Latinas bump isn't that big.

"Whats she doing?"

"Kicking me like I kick you." She smiles.

"Ouch." Says Reade pitifully.

"Here. Wait. Stop it Rat, just kick him!" She puts her husband's hand just on her tummy as a kick comes.

"You love nicknaming our child dont you Tash?" He sarcastically remarks.

"I have two name ideas Ed."

"You Do?"

"Yeah. Jasmine Danielle Reade or Evelyn Lucia Reade."

"Reade?"

"We are married. I just kept
my credentials as Zapata at work so its not confusing, but I want to be Natasha Reade- like my babies and you. Assistant Director Reade." Tasha Explains happily.

"I like that. But Babies?"

"You do want more don't you." Timidly, Zapata asks.

"Of course I do, but no pressure."

"I want more. Let's let this one be able to walk first. So Jasmine Danielle or Evelyn Lucia?"

"Jasmine Danielle. I love that one. But I don't like your ice like feet."

"Theres an Ass in Assistant Director for a reason." She giggles, something he loves.

He loves when she yells in Spanish: or draws letters on his chest when they lay in bed naked: or when she sits on the countertop and directs him around the kitchen: or yells at the baby when she kicks. His favourite thing is when she looks at him, smiles and says 'I love you.' He never thought he could love anyone the way he loves her.

"I love you" she looks at him and smiles.

"So Mrs.Reade what do you want to do for the rest of the day. Its only 1pm."

"What do you have in mind, Eddie?" She knows he hates that name.

"We could do something fun." Ed says suggestively.

"Edgar Reade! I thought I was the one with the dirty, dirty mind." She ridicules

"Shame, could be fun."

"Patterson is coming over soon anyway."

"Ughh. Get more friends. If we can't have fun, im torturing you. Massage." Reade complains as he rolls her on her side and needs his long and talented fingers along her shoulder and spine, he goes and snakes an arm across her front whilst running his hand over her taut belly.

"Love you so much Tasha. You know that right." He says and drops a kiss on her neck.