Nice to meet you

Detective Sargeant Daniel Mullins was a smart and direct cop. He appeared to be a by the book member of the force. Truly he was a racist, sexist man who constantly undermines his partner Natasha Zapata.

A firecracker Detective that has no fear of death and she loves the risk. Her partners comments spur her to be better. But today, she had enough. He puts her undercover as a call girl. In a glitsy, thigh high, silver dress with cut outs in the sides and spaghetti straps. He made her have her hair in a slutty updo and wear some gladiator-stilettos.

"I'm not a whore Dan." She growls.

"You'll do what I say because I'm incharge got it and your a woman so if you wear a dress he will do anything." He states offensively.

Two hours later Montell Perez is running down back alleys being chased by the two cops. He leads them into an old storage facility. Its two floors like a maze for the cops. Tasha's dress looking more inapropriate as she runs, clearing unit by unit.

Zapata turns as she hears a tick, tick, tick behind her. A small red light on the corner "Bomb!!" Tasha screeches at her partner who's just ahead of her.

She charges back around the corners and her heels clip down the stairs. She gets her phone out from her bra strap and dials 911.

"This is Detective Natasha Zapata badge no.739583 . I need bomb squad and more available units. Im at the storage facility on 2346 West Hudson Avenue. Please."

"5 additional squads now." The handler says before the Detective's phone slips from her hand.

"Danny Move it Now!" She calls out as fire overtakes the building. Her feet lose strength and her body is projected 15 feet down the stairs and onto the pavement.

The force of all of it pushes her ricocheting body halfway onto the pavement. Her head comes into contact with the pavement as a strangled 'Ricky' leaves her mouth.

Vaguely she hears sirens and shouts but all she sees are the stars. Bright and beautiful.

A coloured man leans over her and his blurry figure says,

"I'm Agent Edgar Reade with the FBI. Are you alone."

"Dan. Behind me. Fire. Died. Pain." She whispers but he hears.

"You're in pain? Where?" The man asks her peacefully.

"Ouch. C-call Ricky."

"What's your name? I know it isn't Ricky."

"Zuh-pata. Call Ricky." She repeats.

"Okay Zapata. Your obviously a cop. What precinct?"

"51. Help, hurts. Ricky, bro." The deluded Latina asks.

"Okay, I can call your family. Is Ricky your boyfriend? Do you want me to call your brother." He rushes and paramedics run over.

"Ricky F-fl-ores, best friend. Baby bro, love him." Then she passes out. But he holds her hand, stays with her in the ambulance and hospital. He then calls the infamous 'Ricky'.

"This is Agent Reade I'm with the FBI. Am i talking to Ricky Flores?" He says into the phone.
"Yeah why?" An accented male asks.
"Do you know a Detective Natasha Zapata?" He hears the Latino man's let pit a shaky breath.
"She's my best friend why?"
"I'm sorry to tell you but Natasha was undercover with her partner and there was an explosion. She's in bad shape. I'm at Grace Central Hospital."
"I'll be there soon."

Edgar walks back into the hospital room and sees the woman stirring.

"Ouch." She says as a tear creeps out. His gentle hand wipes it away, even in so much pain there was a spark between them. He had to have felt it too.

"I called Ricky. You know Zapata, your a damn good cop, if you ever want to get out of the fifty-first the FBI would be lucky to have you." She grins and agrees to think about it.

"Is Dan...?" She asks cautiously.

"I'm sorry. His remains are being sorted and his family have been notified."

"His child is three years old. She has no dad." And at this the pained woman bursts into tears.

His fingers wipe away the tears gently and he murmurs, "I'm going to bill you. Your blood got all over my damn suit."

"You sure that your an agent, not a banker. Mr. Three Piece. And who thought Edgar was a decent name." She smirks as the door flies open revealing two Latino men.

Reade removes his hand instantly and looks at an exasperated Zapata.

"Nathan, Ricky. This is Agent Reade, he saved me." She sighs.

"Why are you wearing half a dress and look like a hooker." Ricky asks protectively.

"Undercover gone wrong. They were in a storage facility when your sister heard a bomb. She told her partner, he went fir q stash of drugs, but Tasha ran out and called 911. I found her on the pavement, told me to call you and that she loved her brothers." Agent Reade saves the victim.

"And you are???" Nathan asks rudelym

"Be polite Nathan. I got blood all over his suit. He hasn't left me alone, also I have an invite to join the FBI. Be nice, I lost half my dignity, blood and got burns on my thigh. My partners dead so shut up." She growls

"Calm down T. Glad you're okay. Nick was worried, glad your not dead." Nathan tells his baby sister. The Agents phone rings,

'Hey Weller...
She's fine...
Purposely?...
Ill ask her...
Zapata, 51st...
Bye.'

"Why ya talkin about me?" The paitent sings.

"My boss, wanted to know if I killed your or not." He smirks.

"Violent. You never answered me, who thought Edgar was a good name." Tasha asks the man who is collecting his things of the chair. Silently he walks to the door, turns around and says;

"My mom loved her daddy Edgar." And then he's gone. Leaving a smiling Tasha, scowling Ricky and an infuriated Nathan.

"Bye." She whispers dreamily.