Gunshot

"Kurt, Jane. Go talk to the eye witness again. Tasha and I will check out the building. Patterson and Rich, we may need help." Reade orders.

In the car he asks his wife Tasha, "You okay Tasha?"

"Yeah. Just cramps." She lies, before she frantically yells, "Pull over. Ed pull over. I'm gonna hurl." Before even stopping on the quiet street- Tasha is jumping out of the car and vomiting into a bin, he grabs some water and follows. Holding back her hair and rubbing her back he does his best to comfort her.
"You're being sick Tash."
"You don't say. Come on I'm fine now lets go." She says sarcastically.

At the small terraced building, the pair stand infront of the door talking when Reade goes to ring the doorbell. As soon as his finger touches the bell a shot fires sending him flying backwards, flat on the stoop.
"Ed! No! Swat, in the house now- be careful" she yells putting pressure on yhe bullet wound in his chest.

"Patterson get me an ambulance. Reade is shot." She screeches onto her com.

"Ed. You can't leave okay. You have to stay with me, because I have something to tell you."

"What?" He tries to say but it comes out as a whisper.

"You, Assistant Director Reade are gonna be a daddy. We're having a baby, Patterson was gonna make you a cake and I was gonna make a huge deal about it, but Im telling you as we sit on a doorstep and your blood is on my hands and clothes."

"Really." He says resting his hand on her slightly rounded belly.

"Really. Im 10 weeks, that's why I was sick. And you need to be with me when I pick a name, when I find out the gender, when the baby is born, when I decorate for the baby. Because I can't do it alone, you hear me." The latina cries.

"Yep." He says as blood trickles between her fingers, causibg her to press harder and for him to scream. "Kiss me Tasha."

"Im not going to kiss you because your not dying."

"Just kiss me." She listens and kisses him deeply and runs her tongue across his lips. "So, hotel in Paris. Room #314"

"Yep. Thats where baby happened."

"Good night." He grins.

Then a vehicle screeches to a halt. "Reade, Tasha." Patterson screams running over to the couple. And kneeling next to them.

"Swats in the house. Don't think they found the shooter. He pressed the door bell and a bullet came through the door. I think it's rigged." Tasha runs down. Patterson suddenly notices his hand on her bump.

"She told you" the blonde grins.

"Lil' Eddie is good money." He says making both women laugh.

"I will not let you name my God child Eddie. He is not a pet and I will protect him from your messy, weird ways. And besides is could be a girl." Patterson protects.

"Who said your godmother?" Reade jokes quietly.

"Other than me and your wife who else is here."

"Fair enough. La perra de Wizard Ville." The injured man says.

"Hey the ambulance pulled up. Lets get you in and I will have everyone at the hospitals 5 minuites after you arrive." The anaylst says as Edgar is loaded into an ambulance.

Tasha looks at him then Patterson saying the unspoken, "Don't make me raise our baby alone."