27. THE LAST KISS

I COULDN'T HELP BUT LAUGH at the situation in front of me. We all sat at the couch, still arguing about whether I'm still in need of bodyguards and for the first time ever, I was seeing Travis and Alex team up together so they could convince me in taking the extra precautions in having bodyguards while having my friends do it for me.

          It was weird seeing both my ex and my current boyfriend try and convince me in taking the bodyguards Ruvée was ready to give me but I knew I couldn't take it.

          If I did, it would be definitely difficult for me to escape them and then, Max would most likely kill the person who's the most important right now—my brother.

          "It's okay," I stood up and walked to the kitchen, taking the orange juice out of the refrigerator and grabbing a cup to pour myself one. "Max maybe powerful but he's never going to come here knowing that my brother is here or Travis is here."

          Their brows knitted. "What if I'm not here?" Travis queried. "What if Sean and all of the guys need to train and you need to get home quick?"

          They're really not going to stop until I take the extra security. "Then, I'll just bring whatever I'm so eager to do to the field."

          Alex sighed. "You're always so stubborn. Sometimes it's annoying."

          I grinned. "You two are persistent. It's always annoying."

          Travis shook his head. "C'mon, Sammy. Take it seriously. It's your life at stake here and we just want you to be safe. No one even knows where he is."

          Alex nodded in agreement. The difference between them and I was that I knew exactly where he was and I also knew that he was powerful enough to get his daddy supply him the needed men for the revenge.

          "I'm just not up in living scared anymore," I shrugged. "I've been doing that when we were together—always afraid to do something wrong in his eyes that could result to another bruise or scar. When he got sent to prison, I was still scared that he could send someone after me. The only time I felt safe was when the police came to tell me that he was dead. Now, we find out he's not dead, I run away out of fear for my life, and I come back being protected by my brother, boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, and friends. So, no thanks because I'm comfortable with having you guys as my protection."

          It's the only way I'll escape tomorrow night—without bodyguards.

          I'm so sorry, Travis. I'm so sorry, Alex.

          This is for my brother and he outweighs my priorities, even my safety.

Alex, with hesitation, left. He didn't want to because I knew that the thought of him leaving me alone with Travis was getting to him but I made him. If I didn't, he would stay and I'm pretty sure the two of them will definitely kill each other.

          Better be safe than sorry.

          After having dinner, we decided to go up to my room and just talk with arms around one another.

          He didn't want to actually. He wanted to stay downstairs and watch Friends with me but this was the only time I will be able to get to sleep and wake up with him where I wouldn't have leave when he's already asleep.

          "Mom and dad are going back to the house next month," he whispered, "I was thinking if you could meet them? You know, get to know the parents. It's probably going to be a nightmare because if they're going home, Elizabeth's going to go home too to try and protect me, and I just need you to be there for support but if you don't want to, it'll be okay."