Chapter 5

~3rd pov~

The time when they got home Sloane is enjoying the flight with hiccup, talking the same thing while they ride and show each other their tricks. Finally when the two come back they enjoyed their time about dragons. As if the two are faith for each other. Valka came back a bit late and noticed the two are together and it made her smile. "Ah... Young love" she murmurs it to herself, goes to them making her sit down beside to the empty log in between the two teenagers.

Hiccup noticed his mother and smiled. "You know I've met your father. Is full of determination! Proudness and... passion. What I see in you hiccup is that you are much more than him. You will do great one day and you will be passionate about It." Valka smiled and said those words of wisdom to her son. Hiccup blushed a bit since he is embarrassed by his mom in front of Sloane. On the other hand Sloane giggles since she knows Hiccup is embarrassed.

"Hey what If we go and travel together as a family. I mean Sloane is already like my own daughter. I wanted us to live all together and save dragons since we are part with them." Valka suggested and stands up making her look at cloudjumper, who tilted his head being innocent and curious. Hiccup turns his smile to a frown; he is hesitant about the whole thing because he is the next chief. "I think we should go to Berk first." Sloane suggested and look at Valka and she is shocked by Sloane's words. "I think it is time for us to show ourselves. Valka maybe hiccup is right about the whole entire thing. You know what I me-" is cut off by the one and only Valka who has a concern yet stern look on her face. "No. look... people will not change. Trust me I tried." She said in down voice and makes her look at the two teens.
"Then come with me! Believe it mom! Dad changed also!" hiccup tries to persuade his mom about this. Valka looks at them and remembers the past.

~Flashback~

Valka carried a 3 year old for a flight with cloudjumper, while the baby changewing is flying with them since she is over protective to Sloane ever since she came here. Valka goes to one of the island and not knowing one of the dragon slayers is there to kill the dragons, since they are on the other side of the island. She picks up some fruits and put it on the basket with the help of Sloan, who is arranging the fruits to their basket. Valka noticed one of the dragon growls making her turn back, she spot quite a group of dragon slayers making Valka hold on Sloane. "We came here for the fruits." Valka spoke while the dragons growl at the leader ready to kill.

The leader smirked and looks at them "We're here to kill the dragon so we could save you." Instantly the member's points weapon at their dragons, without any fear at all. Valka puts Sloane on the back of Changewing. "Go back. I will come." Valka smiled at Sloane and lead the other dragons to go with. Sloane never cries and hugs changewing who flies smartly, in the beginning Sloane is trained to protect dragons with pride and she will always see them as one with her and Valka. Valka puts on the mask and smirks internally.

~end of flashback~

"Mom? Mom!" hiccup looks at her worriedly since she spaced out for a moment. Valka snaps out of it and looks at the two who are worried about her. Valka hugs the two tightly and smile, Sloane and Hiccup looked at each other over her shoulder and just hug back comfortably. "Alright. We will go to Berk one day. But it will be held in the next few days will be fine by you two?" Valka let go and give a grin means that she is fine now and it will take time to get ready.

Hiccup nods and look at Sloane for the agreement "the earlier, the better... I mean what could go wrong?" Sloane give an unsure answer but a hint of excitement. Hiccup give a chuckle and it made Sloane blush since she think it is cute. "I promise you guys will not be disappointed." Hiccup answered assuredly with confidence. Valka gave a happy laugh with them anyways and stretches. "Well I need some sleep now you two enjoy the rest of the night." Valka ruffles hiccup's hair while she kissed the cheek of Sloane, leaving the two alone anyways. 

Sloane sits down on the log with him and smile. "Well I noticed you quite have a good wing costume." Hits the circle rotator as his back fin appeared making hiccup chuckle again "ha.ha.ha funny." Sloane nods and shrugs it off innocently. "Indeed it is by you" she give a happy reply and their atmosphere is actually quite comfortable anyways. "Hey Sloane have you ever meet other Vikings than me and my mom?" Hiccup questioned her worriedly. Sloane looks at him and shook her head. "No actually...It is weird I am raised by your mom and being with the dragons in my whole entire life. You know what I mean right?" Sloane answered with some confusion. "Yes I know. I actually am raised to kill one.. But when I got the chance to kill toothless. I cannot take it, and then there where it all started with me and him being secretly together to finally, us officially together. Just by convincing and hope with it. But it turns out differently on what I would expect." Shows his left steel leg to her, Sloane only nods. "It is better to have a one missing piece than to be dead." She replies and removed the cloth that is almost by her right breast and it is around on her collar bone. "Stab by one of the dragon slayers when I was 9. I am a fool when I taught I can save them, but I prove myself wrong. I did not train that hard and to prepare myself for it and it does not change the fact of who I am." She smiled and her silver eyes shown sadness remembering such mistake she made.

Hiccup hugs her and whispers "it is ok. I am here now, I promise to protect you from now on." Sloane felt something that changes her life. Her heart beat is being fast and she felt like not breathing in the same time by his touch. "No you won't..." she said also in a murmur, but hugs him innocently with a happy proud smile on her face "beside it is only skin" she removed herself and stands up. "good night hiccup" she said and rushes to her cabin area. Hiccup only waves and while his other hand clenched his fist "you may not see it Sloane... but I already promised that to myself ever since I liked you." Toothless noticed and goes rubbing his nose on hiccup to comfort.