Chapter 10

~Sloane pov~

I go to valka's house where hiccup is and frown. "Lovely! How are ya! You look stunning in this clothes." Valka compliment me since i look different and now being a teenager or teen adult.

"I can't take this anymore... Hiccup is always mean to me now i am dating tuffnut. I really do like tuffnut as my own brother... You know what i mean right?" I looked at her sadly.

Valka gave a sad sigh "it is part of life Sloane, it is your first time to be in a group. You will get hang of it eventually." Valka tries to cheer me and motivate me in the same time.

"But i am different, you know that... I am not like everyone else here... They do fun things.. And even try it all out. But dragons are part of my life. They are my life. I was never born to be with the humans... I mean the bewilderbeast alpha of drago is actually seeking my help. I noticed and he said he was being co-" then valka has her eyes widen "You can hear! You understand them! Like can read them!" She excitedly exclaimed.

I only frowned and looks at cloudjumper who nods, since I actually have a secret power of knowing dragon and what they are saying but only the slightest. "I know but not much. I can hear them when they needed me only." I said calmly "please don't tell hiccup..." I wanted this only a secret because i know hiccup will again be angry.

Valka nods "whatever you think hun. By the way how are your parents? Are they nice?" I followed her to the kitchen, then she actually started to cook. "Yes they are really kind and actually tough just like my sister astrid... I can tell i have my mom's attitude. She is always calm and really fast in reflexes. My dad is tough and serious but still nice." I explained

Valka nods and steer the soup. "Oh sweetie. Will you teach gobber tomorrow for the dragon scale armor for me?" She said and i gave a hum for a reply means yes. "Valka i have to go... For a... Few days..." She stops steering and puts the fire out

"I know what those few days mean... But you needed to stay here just for a few months please? I mean your parents, your sister an-" i cut her off with an soft tone "your my only family valka. They didn't raise me. You did." I said sadly and looks down.

Great timing hiccup came inside the house and saw Me. Great, just great. I was about to leave but valka served 3 bowls. "Sit and eat with us lovely. You know not eating makes your heart weak." I know i have this weird sickness but I didn't mind it. I sat down anyways and grabs a spoonful, blows it softly. Ignores the fact hiccup sits beside me.

Valka is finished first and stretches "ill be off to bed "lovely would you do the dishes tonight?" It is our usual routine when we are alone but hiccup is here. I noticed he awkardly tries to talk, but ends up shuttering in nervous.

"S-so.. About earlier i am sorry.. Y-you know it is my fault... I should be the on-one who understands you.. I-its your first time to be with humans except mo-mom..." He said it sincerely but I ignored him, he is now trying a different method while i am washing the dishes.

"I can clean moodie... Or i can take you on a flight... whole day off!" The whole day off is quite nice and i look at him this time. "Alright, but no more getting angry i mean you have Astrid already." I explained and smile softly.

Hiccup blushed a bit that I noticed but i guess it is the fire heat or his suit on. "Well then mylady i will help you to date tuffnut also." I giggled and nods anyways, since he tries his best for me to forgive him. He is quite cute like this.

"If you want. I know you only did that since i am new and all and i never meet other guys than you before." That is the explanation I assumed, hiccup is quite speechless since it tooked a few moments, before he spoke.

"Oh! Yes indeed you are right! Hahaha.." He said awkardly and i nod at his funny gesture. "Well I should get going before my mom and dad get worried." I explained and about walks out the door when i just opened it, but hiccup gently tap my shoulder. "I will go with. I mean it is quite a bit far from here even it is a small village." He assured me and nods only.

When we walk out we are in a peaceful silence, where it is actually comfortable with. I look up the sky and close by eyes while felt the wind blow on me. Hearing everything from afar, i can hear dragons sleeping peacefully, meatlog licking the foot of fishlegs, also people who are sleeping except for one. Astrid. I peeked from behind and saw her watching us from afar, but i am not gonna use this strength as my advantage. I know she is spying since hiccup is weird today, as i say that is what I assumed.

When we reached my house i was about to walk inside and hiccup stop me. "Hey... No matter what i like you alright and I promise to protect you." I gave a smile "you dont need to do that i an manage. Thanks for looking out for me really. Goodnight hiccup and sweetdreams." I said and goes inside the house knowing my parents are asleep. I have quite a strong hearing actually thats why i can tell where the changewing are also the vibration from the ground even i have boots on.

~Hiccup pov~

I came home and pat toothless on his head and smile "good boy bud. Well we are finally fine now and that is a good start." I talked to toothless and he rubs his head on me to calm me as always.

"Yea we should sleep now."