chapter 5

When Lyle had summoned them and told them that their next challenge involved sports, Quidditch was not what Mary Jane had been expecting at all

When Lyle had summoned them and told them that their next challenge involved sports, Quidditch was not what Mary Jane had been expecting at all. Why couldn't they just do something simple?

She eyed Graham suspiciously as they all faced off. She knew he wouldn't play fair, he never did. "Brooms up!"

"This is so stupid", she muttered.

"Tell me about it", Stuart mumbled back.

During the first half of the game, Team Lyle was being completely dominated. The pressure was seriously on. Mary Jane got the ball once and attempted to throw it to Stuart, but, since the boy was on the phone yet again, it just completely bounced off his head.

"Ow! What the hell was that?", he cried out, looking up from his phone.

"Maybe if you joined us here in the real world sometime, you would know!", Mary Jane huffed.

"Yeah, dude, at least try to act like you give a shit!", Neha added as she ran past.

"Seriously, Stuart, it's insane how attached you are to that thing! What do you even do on it all day?", Mary Jane mumbled.

"Watch porn", Stuart said flatly.

"Really?", Mary Jane asked, raising both her brows.

"Yeah, I recently got into Neha's hentai, Japanese tentacle porn crap. No! I don't actually watch porn on my phone all day!"

"Don't you wanna socialize?", Mary Jane asked in confusion as they headed over to where Lyle had called a time out.

"I am socializing. I'm doing it right now. That's why it's called social media."

Mary Jane just rolled her eyes.

"It's over", Neha sighed.

"We're getting creamed out there", Mary Jane added, nodding in agreement.

"Our team's a joke", Stuart added, throwing his beanie down onto the ground. His hair was really messy and fluffy from being under his hat. Mary Jane suddenly had the urge to ruffle it and run her fingers through it due to how soft it looked. What the hell was wrong with her?

"Well, I ain't laughing. Are you laughing, Billy?", Nick asked, looking over at Billy.

"Hell no!"

"Listen, we need to get our minds right and start believing", Nick started.

"This reminds me of a little girl who had to get her mind right and start believing. A little girl from a steel town who had the dream to dance", Billy added, making everyone look at him weirdly. Well, except Mary Jane. She had a thing for movies from the 80s and 90s — and even the late 70s. "No one believed in that little welder girl, but, thank God, she believed in herself."

"Are you talking about Flashdance? The movie from the 80s?", Stuart snorted, a look of disgust crossing his beautiful features.

"Yeah, you're damn right I am!", Billy said enthusiastically. "That is exactly what I'm talking about!"