chapter 8

"Back to the grind", Mary Jane said as she threw her bag down

"Back to the grind", Mary Jane said as she threw her bag down. 'Team Lyle' was back in their usual meeting spot now.

"What are you supposed to be? A stripper?", Stuart asked when he caught sight of Mary Jane. The girl was wearing a yellow body suit today, but she had a pair of blue jean shorts on top that stopped mid thigh. Her black ankle boots had heels on them that click clacked across the floor as she moved about.

"Don't be mad because I'm a body positive female", Mary Jane scoffed, flipping the white board over so that it was on a clean side. "You know, I'm a feminist. I can literally put you on blast on social media and have my followers attack."

"Yeah, please don't do that", Stuart frowned, looking back down at his phone.

"Power to the women!", Lyle cheered, throwing his fist up.

Mary Jane shook her head, lowering his fist. "No, Lyle, no. Anyway, what's our current challenge?"

"We have to design an app", Neha answered. She and Mary Jane hadn't spoken much, so Mary Jane made a mental note to fix that. She shouldn't be so focused on working here all the time, she should spend a little time getting to know her teammates too. You never know, they could wind up being her best friends some day.

"Before we do that", Mary Jane said, pulling a selfie stick out of her bag and hooking her iPhone up to it. "Everyone, gather around. We haven't taken a single team photo." A few groans went around before everyone huddled up — except Stuart. "Stuart Twombly, get your cute little ass over here!", Mary Jane huffed.

Stuart gave her a flat look, but, surprisingly, got up to stand with the rest of them. Neha looked between the two of them in amusement. "I ship it", she said. "What would their ship name be?"

"No", Stuart and Mary Jane said at the same time. Their cheeks heated as they glanced at each other, eyes meeting for a brief second before they both looked away in embarrassment.

"Everyone say Team Lyle!", Mary Jane said cheerfully, making a kissy face at the camera. Taking note, the others pulled silly faces as well, but no one else said the words. "That hasn't stuck yet? Really?"

"That's what I said!", Lyle shouted.

The group took a few more pictures before they felt they were ready to tackle the task at hand. "Alright, guys, let's take this momentum, this new team spirit, and apply it to this app challenge — we got this!", Billy said, trying to get everyone riled up.

The team had really come together in the second half of the quidditch match, and it showed. If they could keep that momentum going, they probably would become an 'unstoppable force' as Graham had once said. The game had really taught them something — sort of.

"You know, it'd be really helpful if we actually had an idea for an app", Stuart pointed out to the group, still not looking up from his phone. It usually would have annoyed Mary Jane, but now she tried to be a bit more understanding.