chapter 12

"Yo to the Yo, where are we at with ensuring that it wasn't a networking issue?", Lyle asked the Hispanic boy, walking over to him

The group was working on another challenge, attempting to catch up to Team Lyle. They needed to be prepared for everything.

"Confirmed that there were no packet laws, almost, and checking wether or not the inscription had the wrong certificate." Yo-Yo spoke quickly, trying to go over everything as best he could. The boy never took his eyes off the screen before him.

"I'm sorry, did you say almost?", Neha asked, turning to look over at Yo-Yo and rolling her eyes. "Either you're done or you're not."

"Yeah, you can't be almost pregnant", Mary Jane chimed in. "You either are or you aren't."

"Yeah, hey, they would know guys", Stuart shrugged sarcastically. Ah, she had Dark and Stormy Stuart today.

"Hey, you know what? Why don't you google asshole, asshole?", Neha shot back.

Mary Jane turned in her seat to look at Neha, shaking her head. She was a bit disappointed in the words. "I love you, Neha, but that wasn't exactly your best comeback." She was sitting between the two and didn't want to wind up in the middle of a fight. She hoped that saying that would get Neha to be quiet. Stuart snorted, so Mary Jane turned and smacked him on the back of his head.

"She's right, it's not good enough, get it together Yo-Yo." The man chastised himself, snatching out one of his eyebrow hairs.

"The hell", someone muttered. It was otherwise quiet.

"Yo-Yo.... what the hell was that?", Mary Jane asked, quite surprised at the boy's odd actions.

"I was punishing myself for my inferior performance", he answered, plucking out another. Mary Jane flinched, shuddering. She didn't wanna imagine what that felt like. She hadn't ever tweezed her eyebrows, but she had had them waxed before.

"Well, that's good, that's great. We got crazy over here, crazy horny over there, and crazy bossy over there", Stuart said.

"Yeah, and crazy bipolar dickwad right next to crazy bossy, isn't that great", Mary Jane grinned, patting his shoulder. "Chill out, Dark and Stormy. Stop being so moody."

"Let me guess. Big dick cause little dick?", Neha asked, putting on a fake pout.

Mary Jane snorted. "Okay, that actually was a good one, up top!", the brown eyed girl said, raising her hand up. Neha gave her a quick high five.

"Does your mind immediately go to a penis joke? Is that all you think of?", Stuart shot back, using hand gestures.

"Oh, I'm sorry, was that not witty enough for you? Because we're too busy working", Neha spat.

"Guys", Mary Jane sighed, pushing the head hand in her hair back. The two were going to quickly get on her nerves if they kept this up.

"No, yeah, that's fine. I just want you to acknowledge that I'm winning this little quip off", Stuart said, his tone conveying how bored he was.

"That's really what you're worried about right now?", Neha asked.

"Yes, it's really what I'm worried about."

"So, you're more concerned with snarky banter than actually winning?", Neha asked, raising both brows. Mary Jane groaned, resting her head in her hands. Why the hell do they have to do this now? The team had been getting along so well those past few days.

"Yeah", Stuart nodded.

"Guys!", Mary Jane finally snapped, raising her voice at the two. "Cool it", she instructed. The two of them looked between each other before quieting down. No one had seen Mary Jane yell yet — it was quite an odd sight that made the entire room get silent.

"Mary Jane's right, you guys. If we don't work hard, we won't win, you guys won't get these jobs, and poor Yo-Yo will have no eyebrows!", Lyle said sadly, gesturing to where Yo-Yo was still muttering to himself and pulling out his eyebrow hairs.

"Tell it to these two", Mary Jane said, pointing to Stuart and Neha.

"Yeah? Last time I checked, you weren't exactly working either", Stuart scoffed, defending himself.

"Maybe because I was too busy trying to babysit you two!"

"Babysit?", Neha asked in surprise. "Excuse you, I don't need babysitting."

Once she said that, the three of them began loudly arguing. Lyle sighed, sitting back down. This was getting them nowhere. "Okay, everybody, take five", he sighed. "Meet back here when you're done."

The group was glad to leave, practically bolting out of there.

"MJ!", Stuart called, trying to catch up to the girl. "Hey, wait up!"

"Stuart", Mary Jane sighed, turning to face him. "I'm tired, okay? I'm not gonna keep playing these little mind games with you."

Stuart frowned, furrowing his brows. "What do you mean? What mind games?"

"The one you're playing right now", Mary Jane said, gesturing to him. "You're so cold sometimes and then you like me other times? It doesn't work like that."

Stuart frowned as he watched her go, sighing to himself. He really needed to get his shit together.

February 25, 2019
I can't believe I've written twelve
chapters in two days.