Because of Him

(A/N: IDK if they have cellphones in the show because they use the telephones the entire time but I'm making this story more modern so they have cellphones and stuff)

"What's the date? The exact date?"

"The 24th."

"Of what?"

"March."

"Okay, good." The little boy said as he took a sandwich bread out of the bag.

"So, are we going to talk about what just happened? Or how you still look like that?" Cassie questioned, seated beside her brother.

Five remained silent causing Luther to stand up in frustration, "It's been 17 years!"

"It's been a lot longer than that." Five scoffed, finally looking up to the tall man. Then jumping to get a bag of marshmallow. Cassie giggled, remembering Five's love of the unique sandwich. It was created back when they were 8 and they wanted to experiment with food. Except, they could only grab some marshmallows, peanut butter, and bread 

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked, talking for the first time.

"The future. It's shit, by the way." 

"Called it!" Klaus yelled.

Five sighed, continuing to make his food. "I should've listened to the old man. Jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." 

He looked up briefly and saw Klaus, "Nice dress."

"Oh, danke!" Klaus happily smoothed down the skirt. Cassie raised a hand to call his attention.

"How exactly did you get back?"

"I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five smirked, knowing none of his siblings would understand what he just said. 

"Yeah, as if that makes a whole lot of sense." The girl mumbled, catching the eye of Allison who bursted into fits of giggles with her. Even when they're older, Cassie still managed to make everyone else laugh with just a look.

"That makes no sense." Diego said, glaring at Five for giving such a complicated answer.

"Well, it would've if you were a lot smarter." Both Klaus and Cassie laughed out loud while Luther had to hold back Diego from killing the kid.

"How long were you there?" Luther tried to divert the attention on the bigger problem at hand.

"45 years, give or take."

The siblings looked at each other as they did the calculations in their head.

"So, you're 58?" Luther was confused, like the rest.

"No, I have the consciousness of a 58 year old but my body is now 13 again." he said through gritted teeth.

"Ha! Now you have to go through puberty again!" Cassie pointed a finger at him while he glared at her.

"Based on your height, it didn't look you even went through it at all," he said back. The girl slouched back, glaring a little at the boy. That's one thing she didn't miss: His wit.

While the rest talked, her and Klaus decided to play a game of thumb war and she winced a little as he crushed her thumb, smirking in victory.

"I win!" He whisper-yelled while she smacked his arm.

"It's not fair, you always win!" She whined.

The rest stopped talking and Five looked at her pointedly. "Nice to see nothing's changed."