Memories

16 Years Ago...

The men from inside the warehouse cackled, knowing they were able to steal the diamonds from another country. It shined under the pale moonlight and tons of crates were filled with them.

"This is it, boys. We're getting rich," Bob smirked. His cronies laughed and continued filling up their pockets with the priceless jewels when a knife skidded past Bob's ear.

"What the hell?" One of the men shouted as black figures ran towards them.

They were tiny and short, meaning they were kids. But they weren't normal kids. One of them teleported to crack a man's neck while the other had blue wisps coming from their hands. Roger, one of the men, was attacked by the child when the wisps became ropes and grabbed him, throwing him off the window from 8-stories high. 

"Hey! Leave some for us!" Luther's yells from the back made Cassie giggle.

"Well, hurry up then, you giant oaf!" She shouted back until Bob pulled a gun towards them.

All 7 Hargreeves stopped and cocked their heads to the side in unison, wondering.

"Are you going to shoot us, sir?" Cassie's soft voice reached his ears.

"You don't think I'm going to do it? You meddling little pieces of shit!" He shot but Cassie was quicker. The bullet stopped in place as she narrowed her eyes at it.

"That's so cool! Is that a pistol? Always wanted one! Diego, will you get me one?" The girl plead to the boy who rolled his eyes.

"Remember, baby girl. Guns are for sissies," He started. "Real men throw knives." Cassie joined him as he said the last part.

"Can we just get this over with? I'm hungry!" Klaus whines, placing his hands on his rumbling stomach.

"Yeah, I really want to finish War & Piece before I go to bed tonight." Ben piped.

"Fine, let's go." Cassie dragged. Then they sprung.

There were more than 10 men there and Luther threw as many men as he can off the window while the siblings continued fighting the others.

"I heard a rumor, that you shot the guy next to you." Allison's charmspeaks the guy in front of her, causing him to shoot the guy Diego was fighting.

"Hey! That was mine!" The 13-year-old boy complained.

"It's fine, D. We only have so much time." Cassie giggled but dropped when she turned around to see someone, Bob, creeping up on Diego, with a knife. 

"Diego!" She managed to yell before she grabbed the man's shoulders and quickly found his baby blue eyes. The knife dropped and Diego turned to see Cassie gripping the man's head.

"C-Cass?" He stuttered.

But she couldn't hear him because she was in a different world. She felt the familiar tug and she found herself in the middle of a living room. Broken glass littered the floor and she looked around to see a hunched over woman with a boy crying next to her. A tall man was on the other side, clutching a broken bottle, and waving it in the air.

"How about you stop buying your shit and actually buy me some booze?!" He slurred. "You gold-digger! All you're after is my money, you whore!" He yelled before walking towards her.

"No! Stop!" The little boy shrieked. He stood up, protecting his mother.

"Get out of the way, you little shit!" The man was ready to plunge the broken bottle to him but Cassie ran in front of the boy, taking the impact.