Chapter 6: tobias

She kisses me once, and gets up. I sigh as she walks out of the door. She's right though, we could get in lots of trouble. My father is the faction leader so it will be difficult to hide it from him. But I have to! Not for my sake but for Tris's. If she got in trouble because of my teenage desires, I could never live with myself. It's almost dinner time when I reach my house. "Where have you been?" My father says. "I have been worried!" He pulls me into a hug though we are not supposed to. We aren't really supposed to leave our house that much, unless it's for volunteer work.

         "Umm..." I struggle to think of something quickly "I-" "Why," He cuts me off, pulling away from the hug. "do you have a bruise on your neck ?" He says glancing at my neck again. "I uh... was with tri- um Beatrice. I was with Beatrice." "ok," He says carefully "that's fine, but why do you have that bruise?" His voice shakes with anger. I start to back away. He is much older than me and stronger than me too. "Dad stop please!" I say. He figured it out, and he keeps coming towards me. "Dad! Stop!" I yelp right before his fist smacks the side of my head.

        My vision goes black around the edges for a second before I fall. "Dad!" I scream, as his leg slams into my side. I scream again. "HELP!! HELP!!!" I scream, hoping a fellow abnegation will come to my rescue. He slaps my face, so hard that I see stars. "I will overlook it this once, but only this once." I hear him say as I start to lose consciousness. "This is for your own good." I barely hear the last words before his fist comes in contact with my jaw, sending me spiraling into darkness...