Chapter 11: Tris

When Tobias fall asleep, I just sit there, stroking the warm, feverish skin on the back of his hand. I slip my hand out of his, and and just look at him. When he is awake Tobias's face is full of sharp planes, and hard edges, but when he is asleep, his features are softer and lighter. Though he wouldn't appreciate me saying this, he is beautiful. His dark brown hair, so dark it is almost black, the small, tan freckles that dance across the bridge of his nose, his full pink lips, slighty parted in a relaxed manner.

        I reach out and lightly cup his cheek with the palm of my hand. I run my fingers along his high cheekbones, working my way up to his eyelid, my touch light as a feather. I slide my fingers over his nose, and onto his other eyelid, and up toward his soft brown hair. I slip my fingers down, across his jaw line, and skim my thumb across his lips. When I have thoroughly inspcted all planes of his face, I return my hand to my side.

  "You love him don't you?" My mother says barely a whisper, nearly scaring me out of my skin. I gasp. "Oh my goodness! Mother you scared me-" "You do love him, you are not denying it." She says with a questioning look upon her kind face. "Mom I am so sorry, please don't be angry with me, its not something I can control, you must understand-" "Oh Tris darling," She starts, "Of course im not angry! If anything I envy you for getting to fall in love." She looks at me her kind eyes meeting mine. "You don't love Dad?" I ask shocked.

        "No, No, No, of course I love your father, I just didnt exactly get to choose. But Tris, honey you must understand that this love cannot happen. You don't get to choose who you marry, you know that." "I know  Mom, but I can't seem to get him out of my head." I explain. "Well, Id enjoy it while it lasts." She says with a small smile. An awkward silence falls upon us. "So..." She says slowly,"Have you kissed him?" "Mom!" I groan. "Alright, alright, I need to go I will see you soon. Bye Tris." I smile at her before she walks out the door.  

Hey Guys!! Its Lindsay! This chapter is longer, so I hope you guys enjoy! Also please go check out my other story Bitten, Its pretty new, and its about... VAMPIRES!!! Anyway, See ya later!!