Day two Seminar

I rolled to the wall and attempted covering my ears with the duvet to block out the sound of the claps outside. I could hear the voice of the all righteous Lodge president as he led in the praises. Another monday, I thought. 

  I lazily got out of the bed, all sleep fleeing from me. I walked to the bathroom where I kept the basket for my dirty clothes. They had pumped water. I did not hear news of the Lodge president's beating. I don't think it happened; he would not be singing outside if it happened.

Nellie would be happy - no, excited to see that I washed. She had travelled home the previous day to see her people. I was trying to be useful in her absence. To be responsible.

Bruh, I hate washing. It will be so much better to wear nylons around. Well a lot of celebrities have been wearing things that look like that. 

After washing, I washed the bathroom, toilet before proceeding to the kitchen. My pots were washed and stacked away, even plates too. Nellie washed them all on her last visit and since then, I had not cooked. Well I could say, since I returned from her lodge Sunday morning, I have been lying down on the bed. No, I am proud of that. It's called resting - Something I always preached to my mom but no! 'I'm a struggling single mother ' but we all knew out of everything, she was no more struggling. 

I lay on the bed and began to watch, 'Venom'

'Venuuuuuum' they should have really made the alien handsome. Oh, he looked better than the other, mindless one but still, he was too stupid to be ugly. Eddie was already an idiot and they just had to add one more idiot? 

Somehow I slept off after watching the movie and I woke up to the furious banging on the door. I swung my legs off the bed and approached the door screaming, "Yes, break it ! You hear? Knock harder, you are not getting it right. Get a millstone and come and break it! "

"Shut up your mouth! Hope you are ready? "

I opened the door to Nellie who was wide eyed seeing me. She stared hard from the boxers I wore to the polo then to my kinky hair. I wondered what my hair looked like at that point; I had slept without plaiting it or tying it. 

"If it's the boxers and my polo, they are clean ones and I actually washed all other dirty clothes. My hair, I'm planning to wash it." I explained. 

Her eyes rested on me angrily then she pushed me and went in. I locked the door. 

"It's eight o'clock already. Are you not going for the seminar?" she asked, settling on the foam still glaring at me. 

I found a bottle of peanut and began pouring it into my mouth. "I'm not going," I said. 

"Oh, you are so going. It's a seven days seminar and you are so going to attend till the last day. So better step into that bathroom and wash your body or better still wear whatever you feel like let's go. We are already late."

" How is that stuff even a seminar? A seminar should be educative."

Nellie eyed me. "So this one is not?"

Dropping the bottle of peanut, I took my phone and walked into the bathroom. I played Rihanna and Wale's 'Bad' putting it in the highest volume while singing along with it. 

"Is it bad that I never made love 

No I never did it 

But I sure know how to fuck 

I'll be your bad girl _ "

The door opened, Nellie scooped water and poured it on me. 

"Better come out from there, you stupid virgin. If you are delaying to make me go without you, put that aside and if you are working towards making me miss that seminar, I'll not forgive you. "