The National Dance

Yoongi spent a sweet time with Kai and Vernon. He stayed with them until he couldn't stay any later. On his way back home, Yoongi received a call from Chaeyoung asking him to pass by her house so they can talk for a moment. When he made it there, Yoongi took out his phone to ask Chaeyoung to come out but something grabbed his attention. He saw Mr. Wonyoung standing nervously in front of the house while talking to someone on the phone and it seemed pretty serious.

"I can't do that" Mr. Wonyoung talked though the phone "I can't do this to my daughter. We've recently got on well, I don't want to ruin it again. I can't upset her again"

Yoongi fet even more worried as he knew that Mr. Wonyoung was talking about Chaeyoung and he seemed to be in trouble. Yoongi waited until Mr. Wonyoung went inside then called Chaeyoung out.

"I'm outside" Yoongi said to Chaeyoung through the phone.

"I'll be right there" Chaeyoung said.

"Wouldn't it be nicer if you just showed up and said hi to me?" Mr. Wonyoung interrupted Yoongi as he walked out of the house suddenly.

"The last time I did, it wasn't very nice" Yoongi tried to avoid him.

"You don't look like Jin Kyung's son at all" Mr. Wonyoung scanned Yoongi.

"How should I be in order to look like her son?" Yoongi grimaced.

"A bit nicer and cheerful, maybe" Mr. Wonyoung said "I still don't understand why did my daughter fall for you"

"Neither do I" Yoongi smirked "there she is you can ask her"

"Tell me you weren't fighting, please" Chaeyoung interrupted them.

"No, we just were politely insulting each other" Yoongi teased.

"Am I supposed to laugh?" Mr. Wonyoung flinched.

"Not necessarily" Yoongi said.

"Anyway" Mr. Wonyoung said "meet me after you're done talking"

"Is there anything wrong?" Chaeyoung asked.

"No, just getting to know my in-law" Mr. Wonyoung said.

"Got that" Yoongi faked a smile.

"So what happened?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I met Kai"

"Tell me something I don't know" Chaeyoung said.

"I kind of mistreated him today after training, so.." Yoongi said "I apologised"

"Ahaaa! So you have a heart after all" Chaeyoung teased.

"Yah! Aren't you going to stop with this!"

"Okay okay" Chaeyoung chuckled "come inside, dad said he wants to talk to you"

"I'm not going in, tell him to come out" Yoongi said.

"Ouf! Okay" she flinched.

Chaeyoung walked inside her house and called her father to tell him that Yoongi was waiting outside. She didn't make a big deal because she never thought that her dad will say anything rude to Yoongi after their relationship got better. Mr. Wonyoung walked out and stood facing Yoongi then cleared his throat.

"Why didn't you come in?" Mr. Wonyoung asked.

"I don't like being in people's houses"

"People?" Mr. Wonyoung chuckled "but you go to Jongin's place"

"Jongin is another case" Yoongi said "but how come you know this?"

"He's my son, isn't he?" Mr. Wonyoung lowered his head.