I Want You Back

Chaeyoung surfed inside her imagination guessing how may Jihyo and her father end up. Lost look, she felt a gentle poke on her back that made her turn around quickly. She found Yoongi standing expressionlessly facing her.

"Can we talk?" Yoongi asked.

"Not here" Chaeyoung said in a low voice "let's go outside"

Chaeyoung surprisingly agreed to have some words with Yoongi. Despite the argument they had earlier that day, she changed her mind and decided to listen to him.

"Chaeyoung-ah!" Eunwoo called when they were leaving.

"What is it?"

"I think you should go home" Eunwoo said as he held her shoulders "you're tired and you need some rest"

"But dad?" Chaeyoung hesitated.

"Mom and I are here. I'll let you know immediately if anything happens" Eunwoo kissed her forehead then turned to Yoongi "can you take her home?"

"Sure" Yoongi nodded.

Chaeyoung proceeded Yoongi outside feeling curious about what he's going to say. They silently walked for a couple of minutes until Chaeyoung decided to start the conversation.

"You wanted to say something" Chaeyoung said.

"I can't talk to you when you're speeding up like that, can I?" Yoongi said making Chaeyoung stop.

"I'm listening"

"Look, I'm so sorry Chaeyoung-ah" Yoongi stood firmly facing her "I know you're hurt but you know I never meant to hurt you"

"But you did" Chaeyoung said in a crying voice "Jihyo laughed at me the day she knew that you left me"

"Why are you even talking about her?" Yoongi felt irritated.

"Kai said you cheated on me with her" Chaeyoung looked down.

"Are you seriously thinking I did that?" Yoongi flinched "it was a nonsense Kai came up with"

"I never thought Kai would lie to me" Chaeyoung said.

"Your father begged me to leave you because he was scared of that mafia guy. I couldn't face you with break up so I told Kai to deal with it and that's what he thought of"

"I wanted to share that victory with you" Chaeyoung dropped a tear "you won the nationals but I couldn't share that moment with you"

"Did I want you to leave like that? I wanted to share it with you as well but I wanted to help your father too" Yoongi dried her tears "I'm really sorry  Chaeyoung-ah I made you go through all of that"

"Yoongi-ah" Chaeyoung rubbed her eyes.

"Yes?"

"You know what changed my mind?" Chaeyoung said "seeing you saving my father's life by donating. I felt so grateful. I thought that this is the Yoongi that I've always known"

"So it's not a waste my parents had me?" Yoongi reminded her of what she said to him.

"I'm sorry about that" she acted embarrassed "I just wanted to hurt you the way you did to me but I never meant it as well"

"Can we just omit this whole shitty part?" Yoongi said "can we just pretend that none of this had ever happened"

"Okay, when dad wakes up, I want you to talk to him. Man to man"

"Okay deal" Yoongi winked.

"Yoongi-ah" Chaeyoung called.

"Yes?"

"Remember when we used to hate each other when we first met at school" Chaeyoung said as they started walking again.

"Ehem! Rule point" Yoongi opposed "maybe you used to hate me but I didn't"

"You liked me back then?" Chaeyoung wondered.

"I was indifferent but you used to piss me off you and Yugyeom"

"Then, when did you first like me?" Chaeyoung asked curiously.

"When you promised to talk to me with thick Anseong dialect about how big is America" Yoongi smirked "I liked your strong personality. I thought about you for a couple of nights until we became close"

"I was the one who asked you to be my boyfriend you freak!" Chaeyoung hit his shoulder "but would you have asked me if I didn't?"

"I don't know. You know I'm not good at these things" Yoongi teased her.

"Humph! Thank God I did otherwise we would've still been just friends" Chaeyoung complained "but you know what? You should really thank Jennie for that"

"Snoopy? Why?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

"She made me realise that I actually like you. I thought about it a lot that day but when she noticed that I'm behaving like someone who's in love she talked to me about it"

"Snoopy slays" Yoongi Chuckled "but it was one sided love for a long time. I liked you first"

"At least you did something first" Chaeyoung paused then looked at him "Yoongi-ah" she called again "promise me that you'll never make me upset again"

"How can I? Again" Yoongi adjusted his height to hers "you scared the shit out of me earlier. I thought we're never getting back"

"I still hate you for doing that though" Chaeyoung pouted.

"Seriously?" Yoongi asked "you do?"

"I don't know but it hurts" Chaeyoung said "I felt humiliated"

"How can I possibly humiliate you, you piece of dwarf?"

"You sounded like you meant it". Chaeyoung felt sad.

"You think I was having a good time when you were crying"

"You acted very coldly when you came to where I was kidnapped"

"Look, what should I do to make you forget that?" Yoongi said.

"Take me back to when we used to be happy. When we used to share everything. When we used to be simply happy. I used to wait impatiently for our dates. But now I feel very insecure and I can't trust you again" Chaeyoung dropped some tears "can you fix this? Can you give me back my boyfriend?"

"Chaeyoung-ah" Yoongi felt sad.

"What? You said you'd do anything. Bring back those days because I need them in a time like this. I'm having a hard time right now because my dad isn't well and I'm supposed to be held by you not fighting with you"

"Listen to me Chaeyoung-ah. I know what I did was wrong but I promise that I'll make this up for you" Yoongi said "I'll bring back these days I promise"