It started with a dream

It all started with a dream, a wet dream to be exact. It wasn't about Leo, or Johnny or even Archie Andrews, Betty hadn't had one of them for months. Her spark for Archie Andrews had well and truly fizzled out, she was at peace with and happy for him, his love he shared with Veronica was special, almost enviable. She longed to be in a booth with the one she loved sharing one milkshake with two straws whilst he stared lovingly into her eyes, and the promise of forever always lingered in her mind. But that was the problem, Betty simply didn't have the foggiest idea who she would end up with, she never looked at boys too long to see if they tickled her fancy, and she never strayed from her same group of friends, her, varchie and Jughead.

And well Jughead. If he hadn't gone and knocked on Betty's window the night before, she would not have been dreaming about him so scandalously. Jughead was Jughead, they have always been friends. Best friends. She could tell him anything, he could ask her anything. But his smile was still dancing around her foggy mind even as she brushed her teeth, staring at herself with the one and only thought in her mind, which was simply, get yourself together.

It wasn't his smile she was thinking about as she ate her toast and pretended to listen to her mothers lunacy about the farm, it was his hands, his strong hands that have held her so many times before but in her dream they were dominant, teased her, made her beg.

And when she was in the car her mind wasn't on the road it was on his body. His body she had seen so many times before, countless summers in sweet water river, even a few months prior, but she now had new found appreciation for his tall lean muscular frame. The appreciation was enough to make her blush and run that thought from her memory.

Yet it was replaced, replaced by the way she felt in the dream. It didn't feel wrong, it felt good, and if she was to say so herself it felt right. Like everything she was looking for had been right in front of her the whole time, helping her with her math homework, sleeping on her floor when his dad kicked him out, treating her to pops when she was sad.

This saddened Betty, she had this whole new view of Jughead and he saw her as just the same. Which definitely would make things so awkward today when she saw him.

"Penny for your thoughts Elizabeth, your positively glowing?" Veronica's voice rang in Betty's wars as she sat down in the blue and gold office.

Perfect. Veronica. She would know exactly what to do if she were Betty. Yet Betty was hesitant because this wasn't a football player this is Jughead freaking Jones.

"I had a lovely dream, I just can't shake it" Betty giggled fiddling with her pen, her ponytail, organising the highlighters on her desk, anything but make eye contact.

"Bradley Cooper making sweet sweet love to you again B?" Veronica giggled at Betty's blush.

"Closer to home" Betty blushed further.

"Oh do tell" Veronica laughed sitting on the chair cross legged and leaning her chin into her hands, she couldn't possibly get any closer to Betty if she tried.

"So in my dream, I was being vigorously, and I mean vigorously ravished by Jughead Jones, and V, I'm not even shitting you when I say it was fantastic" Betty laughed still tangling her fingers into her pencil case.

"Well I can't say I'm surprised, I mean you guys are so in love with each other you make me and Archie look bleak" Veronica sighed running her fingers through her hair.

"Oh come on he's my best friend, you know that V" Betty giggled, in the back of her mind her racing heart nagged at the footsteps approaching, wishing it was jughead.

"Morning Betty, I got you pancakes to say Thankyou for last night" Jugheads cherry voice and two knocks filtered the silence.

"Bet you you've ate half" Betty laughed, her eyes lighting up when she saw him.