The Serpents

The Serpents, the modern day motley crue, uncontrollable, insanely talented, and well typical rockstars, who love to party, love to wreck everything they touch, and ruin their lives with little white lines of absolute chaos.

The bassist, his stage name sweetpea, but none really new his real name. Fangs Fogarty was the drummer, and the lead singer, founder of the serpents Jughead Jones. Girls pined, burned and perished at the sight of him. He never wore a shirt, and always had leather pants on, leather jacket and a full head of thick black hair that covered his face, but when he was singing, in his element, absolutely lost in his passion for music, there would be times were he's run his fingers through his dark hair and his porcelain face would be revealed. These piercing blue eyes looked into your soul as he sang and you were hypnotised.

And Betty really shouldn't of been at the concert, her mom in fact thought she was staying over at Veronica Lodges house studying for the big upcoming finals, and although all she could think about was graduating college, all it took was the mention of the serpents name and she practically swooned.

She couldn't believe that they were doing a concert in Riverdale the same weekend she was visiting her parents and after Cheryl Blossom convinced Betty it was "fate" and it was a "once in a life time opportunity" Betty found herself in the the tiniest black shorts, hooker heels and in the middle of the southside.

And she had the time of her life, front row as she screamed as Jughead Jones was stood feet away from her and she could of sworn he was singing to her.

Same old, same old, screaming fans, looking up at you but not really seeing you, until he saw her, stood in the front row dancing with her friends, but every so often they would make eye contact and he didn't know what it was but his eyes kept finding hers and she was like the only thing he could see. And it seemed like she saw him too.

He walked backstage after the concert was over to see sweetpea tangled in a brunette on the dressing room couch and fangs on the floor, his back against the wall blood dribbling from his nose and his head tilted to the side.

"Fuck sweetpea, what have I fucking told you, check on our fucking friend when he does this shit okay, get her out of here, I want her fucking gone and I want him alive" Jughead shouted slapping fangs in the face and the brunette scrambled to find her clothes as sweetpea sat and scowled.

"Look he's fucking fine okay" sweetpea shouted as a groan escaped fangs lips and he threw up the rock and roll sign with his hands.

"I'm sick of you two, it's not fucking funny anymore, have either of you been sober in the past three years" Jughead scowled as he lit a cigarette slumping down on the couch.

"Don't act all high and mighty now Jones, you've been in and out of rehab eight times the past three years" sweetpea retorted.

"This fucking band is all we have left now, and it's all going to go to shit if you or him or both of you end up back in rehab, or leaving our next gig in a body bag" Jughead threw his bottle of Jack Daniels at him.

"What happened to you man, what happened to fucking everything that breathes, smoking, snorting anything chemical, wrecking hotel rooms" sweet pea shouted as they both watched fangs stumble to his feet and lean against the wall with his eyes closed.

"I'm twenty four, I've overdosed three times, I've been in a car crash and nearly died and on top of that I've died and came back to life does that seem normal to you" Jughead sighed.

"Well that my friend, is what we all signed up for when we agreed to join this stupid band of yours!" Fangs slurred.

"Oh yeah, well you carry on spending all of the money I earn you two morons on drugs and cars and hookers, and we'll see how fast that runs out when I fucking drop you from this band. You know because it's mine" Jughead said pushing sweetpea against the wall.