Drive me crazy

"I'm going to fucking kill you, Malachi was stabbed last night!" Betty screeched swinging the door open to Jugheads trailer. He was sat on the couch smoking and ignoring her watching the baseball on tv.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" She shouted standing in front of the tv with her arms crossed, and a furious look painted her face a deep shade of red.

"It wasn't me" he shrugged.

"Oh really?" Betty scoffed. And Jughead nodded innocently.

"So the day after I told you, leader of the serpents, that the leader of the rival gang hit me, he turns up mysteriously stabbed?" Betty said sarcastically.

"You just said it yourself, the guy was an asshole he deserves it" he shrugged.

"Oh my god Jughead that's not the point you can't keep doing these stupid, reckless things, you're not getting caught right now, but what happens when you do" she said going into the kitchen, fixing herself a drink and speaking to him through the wall.

"What was I supposed to do let him get away with it?" Jughead furrowed his eyebrows.

"Oh my god Jughead, you are not my boyfriend, you don't need to save me every single time" she shouted back at him and her words made him wince.

"Stop putting yourself in situations where you need to be saved, this whole rebelling against your mom thing is alright for you, but this might come as a shock to you betty, but there's people out there who care for you, and are worried about you, the whole world isn't against you!" Jughead shouted at her.

"I'm not disputing that Jughead!" Betty shouted.

"Yes you are, you think you're owed something from the world because you had a shitty child hood, being forced to wear these clothes, and do well in school, and sent off to boarding school, but there's people out there with far shittier experiences, with far shittier moms, and far shittier homes than that mansion  you live in on elm street" Jughead scoffed.

"Why are you being so mean?" Betty held back tears.

"Betty, look where I live. Have you ever seen my mom around? Have you ever bothered to ask where my dad is? Do you ever stop to fucking wonder why I'm constantly wearing the same three outfits, you have everything, and I'm sorry if you think that you don't but you do, and you're not my fucking friend any more if you think that what you're going through right now, and what I've been through and continue to go through is the same" Jughead snarled and his face softened for a fraction of a second when she saw the regret in her eyes.

"You wanted to be part of this world when you came to the bar last year, and I stupidly let you, and I'm starting  to think that me letting you in, was a mistake" Jughead sighed pulling his hat off and sitting on the couch.

"So you want me to go? I'll go" Betty said frustrated picking up her bag and heading towards the door.
He beat her to it and closed the door, standing in the way and looking down at her.

"Move" Betty banger against his chest.

"I'm not letting you go out like this, god knows what you'll do" Jughead said quietly.

"For fuck sake Jughead, stop trying to save me!" Betty said rolling her eyes and wiping the slipped tear off her cheek.

"What do you want from me Betty?" Jughead sighed.

"I want you to move out of the way, I want you stop saving me, I want you to notice that it's you, you make me do these crazy things. You drive me crazy Jughead!" She shouted.

"I think you do these things because you know at the end of it, I'll be there to save you" Jughead scoffed throwing his head back against the door.

They stood like that in silence for minutes, hours, who knows, Jughead stared blankly at the trailer ceiling and Betty looked down at her feet.

It wasn't until he felt her lay her head on his chest that he looked down at her.
"I know your moms in Toledo, and I know where your dad is. I know your little sister jellybean means the world to you. And I know you Jughead, how you like your coffee, your order at pops, how you handle your gang, how you love photography, and your passion is writing, and your damned good at it too Jones." Betty giggled through a whisper against his chest.

"And I know every one thinks your super mean, and unfeeling, but I know when you do you love deeply, and so strongly it could move worlds, and I can't, and don't want to remember a time where you weren't in my life" she sighed.

"And I'm sorry I drive you crazy" she smiled at him kissing his nose.

"I thought I wasn't your boyfriend?" He smirked at her.

"And I thought you weren't my friend anymore?" She smirked back shyly.

"Were equal parts crazy baby, I think we'll be fine" Jughead smirked.

"I've got to go, the farms having an open house" Betty smirked kissing his cheek.

"Out by 9:30 or I'm sending the squad in to torch the place" Jughead smirked.

"Oh I love it when you talk dirty to me Juggie" she giggled kissing his cheek.

Jughead counter down. At 3 he was flicking his cigarette out the window. At 2 he was staring up the engine of his motor bike, and as expected at 1, betty came running out of the old nunnery tapes in one hand, a gaggle of farmies trailing behind her.

"Right on time" he smirked.

"Can't talk right now Juggie, tapes, farmies, torches pitchforks" Betty laughed getting on the back of the bike as it started to move.

She needed him in that moment, and he was there. She drove him crazy, but he loved it, the excitement, the adrenaline, and the happiness she brought him.