Worlds colliding -part 3

"It's not a date Veronica, I mean we're just going to have fun" Betty reassure her best friend, who had non stop been asking questions since they had got back to Betty's house after school.

"What type of fun?" Veronica asked looking over her glasses a bemused expression on her face, raised eyebrows.

"Not that kind of fun" Betty laughed pulling in her denim jacket.

"Is that why you're wearing red lipstick?" Veronica teased.

"When do I ever get the chance to go out V?" Betty raised her eyebrows at Veronica.

"I know, but you've never took an interest in boys at all, not even Archie, and the first boy you pick is Jughead freaking Jones" Veronica yelled.

"Shut up, if my mom finds out about this she'll have my head on a platter, that's why you're here" Betty shushed her friend.

"So tell me the plan again?" Veronica asked.

"Were going to a concert and I'm staying over at your house, if I don't text you by 2am he's actually kidnapped me and your allowed to call, and I'm going to kick your spicy little ass of your not awake to let me in when I get back!" Betty giggled.

"Don't worry girl, I got you, I mean your first ever date with the hottest guy possibly in Riverdale, and you wearing a dress and red lipstick, believe me I'll be counting down the seconds until you get back" Veronica chuckled.

"What is this place?" Betty asked Jughead as she stepped out of his truck into a car park.

"You like writing, right?" Jughead asked the bewildered blonde who was stood looking at the big empty car park, line with trees of the dark, looming sweet water forest.

"Yeah I do?" She said but it was more of a question, because what he was conveying was far less than an explanation, if anything she could only ask more questions as she was being lured closer to the woods.

"I'm going to show you the most inspirational place in Riverdale" he sighed holding her hand loosely in his as he smirked at her under the moonlight. Her brain was telling her no, but her heart desperately wanted to follow him into the dim woods, and for just one night she wanted to be wreckless, and at least have some fun.

"You want me, to follow you, the most mischievous boy in Riverdale, into the dark woods, at close to midnight?" Betty laughed following him non the less.

"You want to anyway cooper, you already are following me" he chuckled, and she glanced at her hand wrapped in his, and wondered how people might see her if she held his hand in the hall ways at school.

"What the matter, afraid of the dark?" Betty teased.

"What do you mean" he rolled his eyes at her.

"Your grip on my hand has got tighter the further we got into the woods" Betty laughed.

"Shut up cooper I'm not scared of anything" he brushed her off.

"No?" Betty raised her eyebrows.

"No" Jughead nodded his head.

"I think your afraid of what other people think of you" Betty tried him.

"You think wrong" he snapped.

"Oh look who's getting all defensive now, if you really didn't care you would of took me to a more public place, like the movies, or pops" Betty sighed.

"It's not like that" Jughead disagreed with her.

"It's okay, this is new to me too, and the fact you brought me here tells me something" Betty said.

"What's that?" He asked her as he stopped and stood underneath a large willow tree.

"Either that you can't be seen with me, or you want me all to your self" Betty said blushing in the darkness.

"What do you think?" He laughed.

"I think if you wanted me just for sex you wouldn't of bothered bringing me here, but then again..." She trailed off.

"What?" He asked her softly as they sat underneath the dark willow tree and he set up a torch, strategically placed. So that only they were illuminated and the rest of the world was dark.

"Well, I've never really had a conversation with you in my life, I'm just a bit confused. Why would you want to go on a date with me?" Betty asked honestly.

"There's just something's about you Betts, I can see it behind your eyes, you distract yourself from everything around you, I don't know what your distracting yourself from, and I need a distraction too. So maybe, just maybe, we'll be good together" he replied.

"What about Toni? You're pretty close with her" Betty continued to doubt herself.

"I'm not Toni's type" Jughead laughed, clearly amused.

"What's Toni's type?" Betty pressed further.

"Girls, Cheryl Blossom in particular" Jughead laughed.

"Leave that with me, I'll make it happen" Betty laughed.

"She would freak out" Jughead laughed.

"Cheryl's my cousin, and well she makes out that she hates the southside, but she also can't help herself around complex female characters wrapped in leather" Betty giggled.

"Everyone loves a ride on the wild side" Jughead laughed.

"Obviously not you, you chose the book worm" Betty blushed as he edged closer to her.

"I chose the hot book worm, and you have no idea how much I prefer being here with you, than at a bar filled with all the criminals I know, and that's my favourite pass time" Jughead laughed putting his arms round her and offered her a cigarette.

She scrunched her nose and shocked her head no before leaning into his shoulder.

"I think you might like me Jughead Jones" she said with her eyes closed.

"You know what, I think I do" he whispered.

"So this is gonna become a regular thing?" Betty asked.

"Why not?" Jughead shrugged.

"Next time we're doing something I like" Betty whispered back, scared if she spoke too loud, she would wake up at any moment.

"What do you like?"

After a while of thinking she finally said:

"I like sitting at home, wrapped up in my bed watching murder mystery's and documentaries and well anything to do with unsolved crime" Betty said embarrassed.

She heard him gently gasped and he was smiling as she looked up at him.

"You're perfect" He grinned leaning in to kiss her.

At first she gasped, aware that he was kissing her, but as soon as she felt his tongue she melted into him, and he took over all of her senses. He leaned her down, into the small patch of grass and he looked at her as she gently caressed the side of his face.

"What?" She smiled shyly.

"I just think, that you betty cooper, are the best decision I've ever made"