Chapter Four

IMPORTANT:Alexis' stage name is 'A.J Darcie' but people call her Alexis,A.J and Lex.Royce Da 5'9's name is actually Ryan but in the sotry he's being called both Ryan and Royce.Enjoy! :)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

The way this stern woman stared at me with those cold,dark eyes of hers sent unpleasant shrills down my spine.I twisted uncomfortably in the stiff,black chair as I watched her cling to the upper arm of her husband as if I was about to rise from my seat and pull violently on her hair extensions.I almost felt sorry for Mr.Merling but he seemed to be absorbed in his conversation with Dave who sat across the table from him,dressed in his classy suit and looking more professional than ever.It was a must to dress business like to come to this office,it was the most expensive that I had ever seen.It was just a record lable's main studio though they designed it as if it was to hold the most important of government meetings.

Mrs.Merling seemed just as uptight as every other person that I had met during my two hours of being at the office.Everyone seemed so professional,as if they were too important interact with one another politely.It almost made me feel as though each person here was a part of some hidden cult,they all dressed and acted the same way.The only person who seemed polite was Mr.Merling himself,the president of the record lable.Who was I to talk sourly about people signed to a lable anyway?I didn't have my own neither was I actually signed to one.

"I think this is it for the day"The tall man said,rising from his seat and fixing his classy suit,"I'll be waiting patiently to hear about your decision"

"You'll hear from us very soon,Sir.It was a pleasure meeting you both"Dave said and shaked the couple's hands politely.

I repeated Dave's actions except I didn't even dare to touch the angry woman in any way,instead I sent a polite nod her way and fought the urge to roll my eyes when she did or said nothing in reply.Before I could even lose my temper Dave put his strong palm on my shoulder,guiding me towards the open door and waving once more to the wealthy couple who stood by the expensive desk in th middle of the room.Only a few people were outside the office,their eyes showing surprise when they witnessed me exiting the door but their facial expressions being kept in a professional manner.

Dave pushed open the glass doors after sending nods to the people sitting quietly in the small lounge and I walked out of the building,sighing as the cool air hit my pale skin.The rain had stopped only a few seconds ago,leaving its cold wind behind to make me shiver slightly.My feet strolled towards Dave's blue,new car and I leaned against it,looking at my manager as he pulled on a stressed facial expression.

"I know that wasn't the best Alexis but at least they're begging for you to join the lable.The other record lables that want to sign you just aren't good enough"He said,opening the door and sitting down on the leather seat.

I followed his movement,opening the door and sitting on the passenger seat.

"Are you sure about the other lables?Maybe one of them is worth ditching a lable filled with such uptight people.I swear they all acted as if they had sticks shoved up their asses"I said dramatically,looking at the amused sparkle dancing in Dave's eyes.

"Don't be so bitter about it"He said and chuckled,leaning over to put on the radio,"Are you still meeting with Royce at the coffee shop to talk about the meeting?"

"Yep"I said,staring out the window at the gloomy Detroit weather.

It only took a maximum of twelve minutes for Dave to drive down the long,narrow road and drop me off at the coffee shop hat I had grown to love so much.I entered with my hair shielding my bright eyes,just in case there were too many people around and things went a little overboard.Only a few individuals were chatting quietly on the tables and I caught sight of Royce who was on the wooden chair,playing around on his cellphone like always.