part 5

4 months later

Percy POV: "okay class that's it. have a great weekend" I say as my 2nd year Greek mythology class leave. suddenly my phone beeps. I check it and see a text from the hospital. 'oh crap' I think as I open it I read it and run. its time. I'm going to be a father! of course Emma, Nico and Hazel live a normal life and are in school. I had them just there for Greek mythology to be honest they're the 3 best students. I see them standing by the lockers and run up to them.

"guys. its time" I say. they all gasp in unison and are speechless. Emma is the first to speak

"well we better go if we need to get there" she says. we run out the doors and then I remember. I always get the bus here. oh crap.

(quick note. I am actually in second year. idk what that would be in America so I just used the Irish way of it)

"what am I going to do? this is the worst. the one day the bus is late!" I'm pacing around saying that for at least 5 minutes.

Emma POV: Percy is really oblivious to the fact that children of Hades can shadow travel and that I'm standing between two, my best friend and my boyfriend, (sorry just saying that its funny how Hazel is my friend in this book because I personally know a girl named Hazel who sorta hates me. sure enough I got mad at her but she got curry on 'house of Hades' why is she obsessed with our schools chicken curry?) I stand there watching him and eventually give up.

"PERCY!!!" I say, officially bored.

"yes?"

"two ideas. shadow travel or walk" I say.

"ohhhh" he says "I forgot that you guys could do that" he adds, laughing.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

              time lapse

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

we get to the hospital and see an impatient looking nurse standing there.

"ah. Mr. Jackson your wife just gave birth" she says, smiling "congratulations" she adds. she leads us down a hall but makes me, Hazel and Nico wait outside in the waiting room. we all distract ourselves in different ways. Nico just takes a nap, Hazel flicks through magazines and I bury myself in a book. after a while I get tired so I close my book and doze off. and I'm pulled into a painful flashback

I'm sitting in my room reading and my stepmother walks in

"Emma it's 1:45 go collect your sisters from school" she says in a voice like venom. yikes I hate her

"and why do I have to collect them?" I ask with a lot of confidence

"because I said so" she says, jabbing me with her sharp, fake, long fingernails.

"well I am not your slave so you collect them" I say angrily suddenly she slaps me and it hurts. then she stalks out of the room and locks the door and I'm stuck in there.

I wake up crying. I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders, comforting me. I sniff and rest my head on Nico's shoulder as he rubs my arm gently which calms me down.

"its okay. you don't have to worry you're safe" he whispers as I start drying my eyes. I calm down and stay like that for a while until the one and only wicked stepmother I thought I had seen the last of walk in. I try to hide the fear but Nico knows that I'm scared of something and tightens his grip on me, protectively. I shrink against him and close my eyes hoping that I just imagined my stepmother walking in. I open my eyes and nearly scream. she's sitting across from us and is watching me. I just hope she doesn't realize its me.

I am terrified. I hate cowering away like this. I sit up properly and grab my book to hide my face.

evil stepmother POV: (BOOM! didn't see that coming did you?!) I sit and stare at that girl reading a book. she looks familiar. too familiar.

Hazel POV: I have never seen Emma look more afraid. honestly. it's really cute how nico is there for her and literally refuses to be away from her. seriously though I just love seeing them together. but seriously that woman who walked in that Emma was afraid of.......... was that her stepmother? if it is then I think I know why she looked so scared. that woman is terrifying.