My Light, My Love

June 6th, 1995

Daniel sat in the peach tree. One leg hanging off the thick brank, the other laid calmly across its top. He only wore jeans, a belt with black converse.

He was writing lyrics to an unfished song and was currently on the second verse. He bit into his peach, savoring the soft, sweet fruit. It reminded him of Mariah, she had a soft scent a blend of roses and peaches.

Ironic. He thought, chuckling. Daniel looked down at his lyrics, raising an eyebrow at what he wrote. 

Intro: 

 My light, my love 

Verse One: 

 I didn't know what I looking for

'Till you showed up at my door 

Then I realized what I was lookin for 

Now I'm sitting here, don't know what do

But I really want, to be with you

You're all that I want

You're all that I need

So baby just come,

And take me a-way

Chorus: 

 My light, my love

You must've been sent,

Sent from up above

My light, my love

Verse Two:

You & me, we're a little bit different

-----

Mariah's ears picked up on a soft sound a few yards away. She couldn't recognize the voice as anyone she knew but it sounded amazing although it was soft and in a lower pitch. She stopped at the doorway of her cabin before turning around and walking toward the origin of the voice. She found herself standing at the lake of Camp Audio, the voice was definitely male. And it was coming from the Peach Tree. She recognized that light skin and muscles anywhere. Daniel was singing an original song and sounded like something that belonged on her Daydream album from the lyrics she heard.

"You have a lovely voice Daniel." She said. He laughed nervously and asked," How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough," She answered with a smile. "You look lovely Mariah." He remarked. "Oh, this old thing," She replied. Mariah wore the dress from the cover of the Underneath The Stars single.

 Mariah wore the dress from the cover of the Underneath The Stars single

Matching white sneakers fit comfortably on her feet.

"It's nothing."

He laughed, scratching the back of his head as she asked," Mind if join you?"

"Yeah, uh, sure. I—I could use your help actually."

-----------

Mariah and Daniel sat in the tree together. Mariah sat with her legs crossed at they hung off the branch. She tried not to stare at his chest too much and Daniel tried not to stare at her too often.