Wedding Day

October 6, 1997

Daniel smiled at the sight of Mariah as she walked down the isle of the castle. He wore a shiny bronze suit with matching dress shoes with black soles. Under the suit was a brown dress shirt and a golden bowtie and stud earrings. Mariah's wedding dress was both elegant and over the top. Orange with golden butterflies under silk brown lining. A tight, orange bodice with a modest u-cut and and matching vail with a golden crown and stilettos.

"The couple has prepared their own vows," The pastor said, his strong voice echoing through the church. "Mariah," Daniel began," You are my one and only. My first and endless love." Mariah laughed at the pun before he continued," Ever since that day on Camp Audio, I knew that I wouldn't love anyone else like I would love you. You've shown me what's its like to feel like a child and you blow my troubles away. For that, I would be my pleasure and light of my entire existence for you to be my wife."

"Daniel," Mariah started, looking up at him with a smile," I've grown a lot since the day we've met and I'm not saying that to be humble or look modest in the eyes of the public. You've kept me grounded despite the tempting times of fame has gotten to me. And I thank you for that. You even saved my life that crazy June second of 1996 and I can't thank you enough. Daniel, I know that you and I will be be forever." This time it was his turn to laugh before she added," You are my rock Danny and I will forever hold on to you for as long as I shall live."

"If anyone objects why these two shall not be joined today in holly macharomancy," The pastor said," Speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I object!" A familiar voice called. Tommy shouted as he walked down the red carpet isle. "These two don't—"

He was cut off by a solid punch thrown by her father's hand. It knocked him clean out and laid him down in the middle of the isle. They both laughed before the pastor concluded," By the power invested in me, husband and wife. You may make out now." The crowd laughed as Mariah and Daniel shared a kiss.

------

Alfred sat a table, taking a sip of champagne from a tall glass after finishing a slice of red velvet cake with chocolate icing. He smiled, watching them dance happily to Dreamlover. "They look wonderful together sir." A voice said as a hand was placed at his shoulder. He knew that voice very well, it belonged to Trey Lorenz. Mariah's friend and back up singer. He wore orange suit pants, brown dress shirt, gold tie and black dress shoes. "They do don't they." Alfred added," Mariah reminds me of her mother. Free spirited, childlike, carefree, hard work ethic and a strong voice to match the beautiful soul that bears it."

"Well said.