Alfred Roy Carey

June 17th, 1996

Alfred Roy Carey

"Is all of that really necessary?" Mariah asked, annoyed but slightly impressed. "Yes, I want to make a good first impression on your father." Daniel replied, quickly but perfectly tying his golden tie. He wore burgundy dress shoes with black soles, suit pants, vest and black dress shirt. He had a brown leather watch on his left hand, a thick silver ring on the ring finger of his right hand and sunglasses. "How do I look?" He asked. "Handsome but you look like you're going to the Grammy's." Mariah replied. "Perfect," Daniel said," You look stunning as always, thanks for matching me with your outfit."

"Like I would let us look like an odd couple," She replied," I'm not that kind of person." She wore burgundy converses, black tights under a red and burgundy stripped skirt with thick stripes. A black tank top and a half-cut burgundy leather jacket with silver zippers. One silver ring on each hand on both ring fingers and golden rimmed sunglasses. She had her hair done in the same way as the Fantasy music video.

"Finally," Mariah groaned playfully," We can go." Daniel rolled his eyes and laughed as they headed out the door from Mariah's penthouse.

---------

Daniel looked up in awe at Mariah's home, it was truly a place to behold

Daniel looked up in awe at Mariah's home, it was truly a place to behold. Solid white marble meets silver, gray and off white marble. There were big, dark mahogany doors with golden knobs. Balcony above the marble stairs leading to the door. Pillars to hold up the balcony and a stone railing and two glass sliding doors on each side of the house, that led to the balcony. A clean, sharp ceiling of marble covered the house.

Daniel swallowed hard at the stunning, giant, Victorian structure. The man who owned this house certainly did not joke about appearance or money. He had standards, ones he took serious at that. He would need more than a serious outfit for this to work.

Mariah skipped happily to the door as Daniel followed behind, slow with his steps as they tapped against the clean marble. His nervousness growing at he got closer to the doors.

Tap,

Tap,

Tap,

Tap,

---------

"Dad," Mariah said," This is my boyfriend Daniel Boa. Daniel, this is my dad. Alfred Roy Carey." They shook hands, her father nodding as he said," Nice to finally meet you Daniel."

"Pleasure's all mine sir, it's an honor for me to be standing here." He replied. It was still hard to believe that this man was in his sixties. He was taller than him by an inch and a few shades darker than him. 

Dark brown eyes, black glasses and a clean fade of a small afro on his head with a smooth, sharp, black goatee around his mouth

Dark brown eyes, black glasses and a clean fade of a small afro on his head with a smooth, sharp, black goatee around his mouth. He wore a gray suit with a red tie, black dress shirt and gray dress shoes. He still had on a wedding ring even though Mariah never told him about her mother or meeting her.

-----

"So, Daniel," Alfred said," What do you really want from my daughter?" Daniel sat down in the chair, sighing heavily. He dreaded the question but he knew he wouldn't leave without answering it. But he hoped his mouth wouldn't fail him because his mind was completely blank at the moment. One wrong word, sentence or statement and he would look like a fool and make sure Daniel never worked in the studio again. After all, he did own Virgin Records and Daniel did get signed not too long ago, as Mariah's personal track producer. The moment of truth, dreaded but inevitable.

"And be honest, I can see right through you." He added," Money, fame and image." Daniel chuckled," Sir, those mean nothing to me." Alfred raised an eyebrow, his words surprising to him. "Yes, she has number ones," He added," Top female singer of the 90's with two Grammys and should've won a few more Grammy's in 91 but that doesn't make her any less of the woman. All I care about is the woman behind all that. When I look at her, I see the young, playful spirit. Who I have no intention of leaving anytime soon. If we break up, it will definitely because of me. When I look at her...My mind goes blank and I forget all the things that made her Mariah Carey. It's a part of her but that's not the reason I fell in love with her. Her personality...one of a kind. Its hard to find people who still let their inner child roam around freely and still have the strong, spirit and work ethic of a lioness. She's lucky, some singers I know let fame go to their heads. She's very well grounded, has standerds and is very creative. She learned from the best." Daniel stood from his chair and asked," Does that answer your question sir?" Alfred walked over and shook his hand," Yes it does. You have my blessing if you two decide to marry, just let me know."

"Sir I—"

"Trust me, it will happen. Just not at the moment." Alfred remarked and a smile formed on his usually stone cold, strict face.