Butterfly

September 17th, 1997

Mariah and Daniel danced happily as Honey played on the speakers of the club, Golden Record Player. Mariah laughed as Daniel sung the song in low key with his hands on her hips. Daneil wore golden dress shoes, pants, brown vest, dress shirt and golden tie. Mariah wore dark bown skirt, crop top and had her hair styled like the Bad Boy Remix of Honey.

------

"Hey Whitney," Mariah said with a bright smile. "Hey Mimi," She replied. The woman looked stunning in a black and white stripped skirt and flats. "Haven't seen Tommy all night," She added," Maybe this party wasn't a bust." Both Mariah and Daniel laughed before she added," Who's the beef cake?" Whitney looked Daniel up and down, smirking mischievously. Mariah put a hand on his chest," This is my boyfriend. Daniel Boa."

"Nice to meet you Danny," Whitney greeted shaking his hand. "Now Mariah," She added," Don't let this one go cause I might pounce on him after I divorce Bobby." They both laughed before Daniel," Enough chatter ladies, I need some shots and we can hit the dance floor again."

"Yeah, what he said." Whitney said.

-------

"Daniel," Mariah whispered as she laid her head on his chest. They swayed with the beat of Close My Eyes. Daniel had one hand on her waist and the other holding her hand. Mariah held his hand and had the other on his chest.

Mariah closed her eyes as she breathed in his soft peppermint scent. A small smile tugged at her lips. He replied," Yes?"

"You ever wonder what would've happened I met you in the studio?"

Daniel chuckled softly and answered," Guessing from how much you work in the studio, I would've been too intimidated to say anything to you but I'm sure the stars would align for us to meet each other." She laughed and said," Still the vivid daydreamer."

"Always," He remarked with a small, warm chuckle," Mariah?" She looked up at him with bright, brown eyes full of wonder. Daniel chuckled and said," I've wanted to ask you something...very important..." Then he smoothly got on one knee and presented the young, female singer with red velvet box that held a golden ring with pink diamond in the middle of two small black diamonds. "Will you, Mariah Carey," He begun," Marry me?" Tears of joy flooded Mariah's eyes as said," Yes! A thousand times yes." The crowd of singers, rappers, friends, label executives and Alfred Roy Carey clapped and cheered. Daniel slipped the ring on before they shared soft, short kiss.