Tire Swing

June 7th, 1996

Mariah and Daniel sat on the tire swing, they sat on opposite sides. Leaning on each other's backs as they let their feet hang down into the water. "Never in my life..." Daniel said, intertwining their fingers. He didn't need to finish his thought for Mariah to know what he was going to say. Still was shocking to both of them but Daniel was out of his mind. "Like this is so crazy," He added," Am I dreaming right now? Is this real."

"Real as my record deal," She replied with laugh," Crazy, right?"

"Insane actually," He playfully relied. They both laughed before Daniel said," No matter how big you get, I'll always love you."

"What if the fame goes to your head?" She asked, playfully raising an eyebrow. He laughed and replied," I'll always have you to keep me grounded." She smiled. "So, I'm in the mood for a drink and chillin' with a few friends." Daniel suggested," How bout you?"

"Wine and vodka," Mariah started. "A ladies best friends." They said in unison before laughing.

As Daniel played pool with Wanya and Jerimiah, Mariah sat with Trey and Josephine. "See your eyes traveling up and down Daniel like your Christmas tour." Josephine said with a laugh," What did Daniel do now?"

"Well he saved my album by creating the track for my song Babydoll,"

"Then," Trey egged on. Mariah laughed and added," Walter was so impressed that he signed Daniel to Virgin as my personal track producer."

"And?" Josephine said. "That's it."

"Wow, he's went from being here to saving your entire career."

"Yeah," The brunette nervously replied. She chuckled, raking a hand through her hair," And we're dating now." Josephine and Trey nearly chocked on their beers as Mariah took a sip of wine from her glass. "What?!" Trey said. "Daniel and I are dating." She calmly stated, shrugging her shoulders. "Bout time," Josephine remarked," So when is he gonna meet your dad?" Now it was Mariah swallowing hard with nervousness as her blonde best friend chuckled. "I'm just kidding Mimi," She added," But at the same time...he has to meet him one day..." The thought plagued Mariah's mind, giving her a small headache. Her father forbidding her to see Daniel...

"I need some fresh air..." Mariah said, walking out the bar cabin.

Daniel looked up, watching Mariah walk out the door. He stopped laughing and said," Hold up guys,"

"What's wrong?" asked Wanya. "I just gotta see something," He answered, walking away from the pool table," I'll be right back, play without me."

Outside, Daniel found Mariah leaning against the cabin's walls. Arms crossed as she stared at the ground, raking through her thoughts nervousness, worry and fear. He slowly approached, hoping not the scare her. "Mariah, you okay?"

"Yeah...I'm just worried," She replied, looking up at him. Her chocolate brown eyes darkened with fear, Daniel pulled her closer by her waist. "What's wrong?" He asked, his voice a soft but strong half-whisper. She felt safe in his arms, his strong yet gentle hands slightly pushing her fears away. "A week after Tommy tried to propose to me," Mariah began," My father said to me, Don't bring me a man old enough to be me. Bring home somebody your age, 25, 26 or twenty seven. And that's the highest I will go before I start loading my guns. What if...he doesn't like you?"

"That is a good question," Daniel commented," He might not like me...he may love me." Mariah chuckled, hanging her head down. "Even if he doesn't," He added," That won't stop me from doing everything I can to keep you happy." The brunette laughed," You're a dreamer aren't you."

"Only in the day I am."

Once again their lips collided. A slow dance between partners. Daniel enjoying the taste of Mariah's soft, light pink, cotton candy lips as his hands wandered down past her waist high waisted shorts. Again, Mariah entered bliss. The pleasureable sensation filled her body but this time twice as strong. She deepened the kiss, letting Daniel take the lead. Her hands trailed down his thin, tank top and stopped at his abs.

"Wow, they are going at it aren't they?" Josephine said. "Yep," Wanya agreed," Full on." Trey laughed and yelled," Get a room!"

Separating, Daniel and Mariah looked into each other's eyes and laughed. "I love you Danny,"

"No need to say it again Angel," He replied," I felt you the first time."

She laughed again, slightly blushing.