Butterfly: Love & Music

October 4, 1997

"Being in love and marriage are two separate things me," Mariah's voice said over the image of her and Daniel laughing as they talked inside an ice cream shop. They sat the window. Each eating small versions of a sundae.

"Being love," Mariah added," It's liking the person and developing those feelings in a relationship with the person."

"What makes marriage so different? It's something but you're putting a ring on the other person's hand and you're stuck in his jail of a relationship."

The tv image switched to Mariah sitting behind a backdrop of monarch butterflies. She sat in a directing chair and she wore an orange tank top and pale peach skirt.

Mariah laughed," Well, when you put it that way." Both Mariah and the interviewer laughed before she added," It's different for other people. But from my experience, marriage, to me is sacred. Its turning the relationship you have with your significant other into something serious. Something that you will remember for the rest of your life, whether it's good or bad."

The image changed to Mariah in the both while Daniel sat at the sound board in a swivel chair. He whispered a lyric before saying," Mariah,"

"Yeah?" She answered looking up from the lyrics written in her lover's notepad. Her eyes innocent and eager like a child in a candy shop. He chuckled an said," I'm gonna add somethin' in to the track. Just listen for a minute and tell me what you think."

She nodded her head to smooth drum kits of where the first verse was supposed to be before the chorus was going to be. Mariah said," Woah, that's crazy." A magical vibrato of chimes echoed through her headphones. "You should keep it." She remarked," Sounds more dreamlike with it." Daniel laughed as he shook his head," I'm probably gonna another one but it might be much higher. But anyway," He rubbed his hands together," Back to the song. Ready when you are." Mariah held put the headphones on her ears and closed her eyes. Swallowing before taking a deep breath as Daniel played the track. Mariah smiled, nodding her head to the beat as she sung," So baby just come,

And take me away

My light, my love,"

The tv changed to Mariah sitting in the chair again. The interviewer guy asked," How was it directing and making small decisions on parts of the docudrama?"

"Directing was easy," She answered," It was like doing Fantasy with a different concept and no music. It was the editing part that that was very challenging. Staying up extra late to make sure everything was how Daniel and I wanted it so it would be perfect. I'd like to look at something with me in it without having to cringe or say turn it off." They both laughed before the tv faded into white before the imaged changed again. This time, it was a video of Mariah standing behind Daniel and an editor as they sat at a desk of computers. Mariah wore a black sleeveless turtleneck shirt and waist high Demin shorts with a brown belt. Daniel wore purple and white flannel shirt with jeans.

"I feel like this part would be better if we added the instrumental of Babydoll to this part and let in blend into the chorus when the audio kicks in." Mariah said. Daniel rubbed a hand on his chin as a smirk slowly formed on his face," I see where you're going with that." He grabbed a nearby mouse and keyboard, adding 'Babydoll Track' to the audio plane. He grabbed a small drum pad and played the video. Nodding his head to the beat of the song, he adjusted the volume of the music. With a twist of a few knobs and push of a few switches, Daniel had did was Mariah had said. "Perfect," She remarked," You are a life saver Danny." He chuckled," It's like layering an undertone of a chord onto a sample, in other words, a piece of cake but that's what you're personal track producer is for." The image changed back to Mariah as the interview asked," On a scale of one to ten, how tiring was it?" Mariah laughed and sighed," Tiring. It was just soul draining but I'd say freaking a thousand man." They both laughed as the tv faded to white again.

"Aww, they look so adorable," Walter said, looking at Mariah and Daniel at the desk of computers. They fell asleep next to each other. Daniel had his hand on Mariah's waist as they slept peacefully. "They kinda look like a picture I saw in the newspaper," He added. The tv changed to a image of a big, brown bear sleeping with a long silver salmon. It laid in a field of green grass as the sun shined on it's glossy fur. Walter began the laugh as he said," Daniel's the bear and Mariah's the fish."

-----

Daniel walked out the shower and into the living room. A red towel around his waist. Good Morning America was halfway over and an headline appeared below the screen. It read,

Mariah Carey Butterfly Album and Docudrama! Sold over 3 million copies and counting!

"So, fans a going crazy of this. Mariah Carey released her album Butterfly just a week ago and her song, My All is all ready at the top twenty in Billboard. Its number 15 under Stay by English girl group, Eternal."

"Angel," Daniel said. "Yeah?" She replied from the kitchen. "You should come see this." He added. Mariah walked in the living room, wearing a red t-shirt and high waisted Demin shorts. A blueberry pancake hung from her mouth. Daniel looked at her and chuckled," Cute."

"And yesterday, two weeks after she released her album a docudrama called Butterfly: Love and Music on VHS. It has sold two million copies so far. The documentary has 16 episodes, each explaining each song on the album on the song. There is a bonus episode on the documentary, my favorite Honey (Bad Boy Remix). The last three episodes are fan favorites called Camp Audio, Love and Daniel Boa. Daniel is Mariah fiancé and soon to be husband because in two days the wedding will commence at a castle in upstate New York. I got my invitation but no dress."

"It's definitely a wonderful time to be Mariah Carey."

Daniel turned off the tv and looked down at Mariah. He laughed, shaking his head as he walked to his room.