Chapter 3

Lucy immediately returned back to Tokyo and landed at the front steps of her estate. Sebas stood there, awaiting her return and seeing her return, he greeted her. Observing her, he noticed that she wasn't harmed and though he should've expected it, he couldn't help but give a small breath of relief. However, there was a small patch of blood on her face and noticing it, he took his handkerchief out to wipe it. Lucy shut one of her eyes as he wiped it before opening it again to stare at him with a questioning look.

"There was blood."

She nodded her head in thanks.

"Shall we return?"

Lucy nodded her head and walked back with the bunny in her hand. As they walked back, Sebas engaged her in a conversation and with him, Lucy didn't mind talking.

"How was it?" he asked. "Did you meet with any trouble?"

She shook her head. "It was easy since he didn't have any guards."

"But I'm sure that even with guards, you would've been able to quickly get the job done and over with," Sebas chuckled.

Lucy smiled. "We're Fairy Tail. This kind of job is simple."

Seeing her smile, Sebas smiled with fondness and chuckled. "Indeed."

The moon was already fairly high into the sky and the skies dotted the sky above, painting it a beautiful azure. It was late and the only sound was the wind blowing against the grass. The two continued walking before Sebas brought up another question.

"Did anyone see you?"

Lucy remained silent before nodding her head.

"Did you take care of them as well?"

Lucy shook her head. "He didn't see me do the deed but I'm sure he saw my face."

"As long as he didn't catch you doing it then that's fine," he said. "I'm sure someone's already taken care of the corpse considering how it was near their meeting place. If he were to be found, then the others would be found as well."

"Quite foolish humans are," she noted. "Sacrificing others just for their own sake."

Sebas looked down at the floor.

"It's a shame that not everyone can be like that," she looked into the far distance with a look of sincere regret. If everyone had been like that, then she wouldn't have been the only one left. She wouldn't have minded being the one to be sacrificed for their sake and if they asked for it, she wouldn't mind either. "...it really is such a shame."

"Lucy-sama..."

"Having someone see me was quite embarrassing," she gave a troubled look. "Shiro-sama will probably punish me for not having carried out my mission properly."

"I doubt it," Sebas answered. "If anything, Shiro-sama is confident in your skills. He won't think that you got yourself seen."

She looked at him. "Is that so...?"

Sebas nodded his head and seeing him reply so confidently, Lucy pulled the ends of her lips and flashed a genuine smile, taking his word for it. Seeing her smile like this, he wished that she would forever remain at peace and happiness. But, the smile soon faded away and all that was left was her blank expression. Reaching her room, Sebas removed her beret, gloves, shoes, and stockings, leaving her to change out of the dress and into her nightgown. Slipping into the thin piece of white cloth, she sat on the edge of the bed looked into the distance with a solemn gaze. As if knowing what she wanted to ask, he answered her.