Chapter 30

The daggers continued to reappear one after another and even as the aircraft avoided it, another one would simply hurl itself at it and force it down. It wasn't going to stop. Not until every single last one of them was down.

One by one, aircrafts exploded like fireworks in a summer night and one by one, they crashed towards the ground, setting off a chain of aftereffect explosions.

"Ten, huh?" Lucy surveyed the sky. "Not bad."

She flipped her hair, its silver strands glowing like that of the moonlight. One by one, the daggers began to reform, its blade surrounded by the same light as that of her hair and it continued glowing ever brighter, particles of light beginning to surround it. Shiro took a step back and gritted his teeth, not believing that he would be beaten by his own creation and certainly not due to his own lack of knowledge. He held up a small machine gun and aimed at her, the bullets made of Anti-Sensei bullets but by now, it was simply a child's game.

"Is that all you have, Shiro?" she smirked.

He continued firing fiercely and reloading the ammo needed, fear getting the better of him as she began to walk towards him.

"Don't come near me! Don't come near me!" he began to raise his voice, the bullets continuing to be fired as her tentacles simply blocked it all, the daggers taking care of the rest of the aircraft. "You...monster!"

Lucy's eyes glinted gold, a flicker of sorrow clouding her eyes, her feet stopping.

"Who're you calling a monster?"

Shiro widened his eyes as Karma appeared behind him, knife in hand as he raised a leg and kicked his side, causing him to tumult to the ground. He held his abdomen and writhed in pain and before he could do anything, Karma pinned him down and placed a knife at his throat. His face was dark and his amber eyes held no sort of empathy within them. He was set on killing the man before him. It didn't matter that he had done all this for the sake of killing Korosensei for what bothered him the most was what he had called Lucy.

"I dare you to say that again," his voice was deep and chilling to the bone, scaring even Lucy. "Between you and her, who's more of a monster?" he inched the blade ever closer, creating a fresh gash of red at his neck. "You should be clearer than anyone else."

Shiro gulped. He had fallen right into her trap. By revealing to him exactly what she was capable of, she forced him to fall into his own fears after not knowing how to maneuver around this loophole in his miscalculation. While his mind was preoccupied with how to deal with her and how to get rid of her, Karma had been approaching him for amongst the people he had to be wary of, Akabane Karma was the one who he least had to be worried of.

"You viewing him as someone who's not worthy of your attention was what led you to your defeat," Lucy said. "Because in this game," she smiled as Karma's eyes gleamed with a murderous light, "the one you had to be the wariest of was Karma."

Korosensei slithered up. "It's your loss, Yanagisawa Kotaro."

Shiro gritted his teeth. "Not yet."

"Give it up," Natsu narrowed his eyes.

"No...this isn't over yet!" Shiro yelled and he pressed down on the remote.

Lucy widened her eyes. "That remote-!"

Shiro grinned and Korosensei immediately sped over to where Karma was as the latter widened his eyes as he saw a hint of the bomb that was attached around Shiro's waist.

"Karma-kun!" Nagisa yelled.

"Karma!" Lucy cried out, her face paling with fear and horror.

Korosensei dived in just in time but in exchange for Karma's safety, he himself was bombarded by the bomb of Anti-Sensei bullets which were mixed with actual bullets. Karma was hurled towards Lucy who caught him and using her tentacles, she protected both him, Nagisa, and Natsu while her daggers blocked the oncoming ray of bullets. A loud explosion sounded and as it cleared, Shiro's laughing voice could be heard.