Chapter 24

Shiro turned to leave as Natsu watched him leave in the car he came in. He stood there with his kunais still in hand and as the car disappeared in the distance, Natsu turned back towards Lucy, his gaze fiery and passionate as he gripped the kunais in his hand.

"You're still going to linger around here?" Karma narrowed his eyes.

Natsu ignored his remark, his eyes continuing to lay on Lucy without faltering. Lucy stared back at him and he thought to himself just how beautiful her clear eyes looked. Compared to the times when she was with him as an assassin, she had gotten more beautiful. Her eyes were no longer clouded and they shone with an alluring air. He put back his kunais and took a step in her direction. 

Karma placed an arm out in front of her and placed Lucy behind him. He stopped.

"Is that your decision?" he asked.

Lucy looked him in the eye. "Yes."

"For the sake of these people and that monster who you barely knew for even a year, you're willing to let go of everything? Let go of us?" he knitted his brows together in confusion and anger. 

Lucy stepped out and put a hand out in front of Karma, shielding him and the others from him and letting his gaze focus only on her.

"Yes."

He balled his hands into fists and in an instant, he appeared by her side. Lucy held up a hand to react but he grabbed it, holding her wrist tight. Leaning in, he swiftly planted his lips on hers and kissed her. Lucy widened her eyes and stared at him and Karma widened his eyes in shock as he quickly pulled Lucy back and into his arms. She stared at Natsu and he stared back at her with a serious, lonesome face.

"I don't regret it."

"Eh?" 

He raised his face to look her in the eye, the onyx eyes that she always looked at revealing her portrait once more; just like that day of the incident. 

"Even if you made this decision, I don't regret it," he said and his words were genuine and true. "I don't regret saving you that day."

With that, he turned and left, disappearing on the spot. 

All was left in silence and Lucy felt his presence disappear. The Pleiades went to clean up the mess, throwing the group of assassins out the estate. Lucy simply stood there and before she had the time to recollect her thoughts, she flinched as she felt a murderous aura next to her. She looked to her side, a beat of sweat rolling down her face.

"That fucking pink-headed piece of shit," he cursed with a foul tongue. "He really went and did it."

Karma was absolutely seething with rage and anyone could tell. Even if he wasn't an assassin, right now, the look in his eyes was that of one and calming him down was out of the question. After what had happened, there was no way he could remain calm.

"I swear the next time I see him, I'll personally handle his execution," he looked up with gleaming amber eyes, a nasty smirk on his face. 

"Now, now," Korosensei chuckled nervously as he put his hands on his shoulders. "Let's not make such a scary face. Sensei's not ready to have his students become killers."

Karma glanced at him from the corner of his eyes and swung his arm. Korosensei backed up in actual surprise as his hands dropped to the ground in a splat. Sebas widened his eyes and Nagisa seemed to be at a shock. The two had not seen his movements at all and to think he would be able to land an attack on Korosensei from such a close distance; it was unbelievable. He turned to him with a murderous glare, knife in hand.