Chapter 20

Whoosh.

Snow particles drifted in the air as the sunlight reflected off the smooth, white plains. Floating in the air and turning about, the board soon came into contact with the ground, sending the snow flying as it continued to speed down the slope. Her black snow goggles gleamed as she slid down with ease before coming to a quick stop, sending the snow flying once more.

Pushing her goggles up to her forehead and onto her hat, she looked to Nagisa. "Easy?"

Covered from top to bottom in snow, he shook himself free as a bead of sweat rolled down his face.

"Far from it."

He looked at Lucy who was equipped with the thick pieces of snow gear and despite her petite figure, she fitted well in it. Contrary to her usual cute look, it was the first time he had seen her in such wear and to say in the least, she looked way too cool. Adjusting her gloves, she perked up and looked into the distance.

Karma appeared off the slope with his knees bent and his hand holding the helm of the board before standing up again and landing onto the snow plains with ease. Sliding down the slope, he turned and skidded to a stop in front of Lucy. Pushing up his goggles, he shook his head and let some of his bright, red hair loose. His amber eyes reflected the light of the snow and standing next to each other like that, they really were the perfect pair.

Is there anything that you guys aren't good at?

"I thought you weren't good at it?" Karma turned to Lucy.

"I never said I wasn't," she answered. "But more than that, I thought you were mediocre at it."

He smiled. "Compared to you, yeah."

Lucy ignored his compliment and he smirked, liking her shyness. She wasn't used to receiving compliments so when she was complimented, she would act indifferent. But he could tell that she was happy and he liked how cute she desperately tried to hide her happiness.

"But Nagisa-kun, you still haven't gotten used to it?" Karma teased. "Even though we're in the beginner's slope."

"Don't put a beginner on the same level as you guys. This is my first time," he pouted.

"Snowboarding is conventionally harder than skiing. Should we switch?"

"No. I want to snowboard."

Lucy looked at him before smiling. "Okay."

Reaching down, she checked to see if his feet were tucked in and if the straps were tightly strapped on. Tightening a bit more, she stood up a bit and patted his knees.

"Bend it a bit. Otherwise, you'll fall."

"O-Oh," Nagisa followed her.

She stood up and came face to face to him, surprising him as his cheeks flushed red. Lucy stared into his eye and reaching out to his face, Nagisa widened his eyes. Everything went black for a moment but his eyes adjusted and he found that his surroundings had only dulled in color. Lucy had simply reached for his goggles and pulled it down over his face.

She smiled and hopped, turning her board as she slid down with a slow movement. She looked back at Nagisa and he nodded his head.

He followed her with the same movements and furrowed his brows, trying to keep his balance.

"Don't worry about falling," Karma slid right next to him. "It's only natural."

"Got it."

He loosened the tension in his feet and calves a bit but there was still stiffness in his movements. The two paid it no heed for once he got used to the plains, then it would soon alleviate.