chapter 1

Carli's Pov:
"Dani! I might be catching feelings for maverick..." I tell dani.

"What? No way!" She says with a smile on her face.

"Yeah! But I dont think he sees me more then just a friend" I say sadly.

"He might. But hes going through alot. Hes done stuff in the past and he is just trying to get over it. Give him time. He might return his feelings" she says.

I nod and then a thought popped up in my head.

"How are you doing.. with the whole ronnie situation?" I ask kindly.

"I'm doing good. Cash has been a big help in making me better. I still have bad anxiety and PTSD from it but other then that I'm good I guess. Just glad hes locked away for life." She says which confused me.

"Locked away? I thought vic had him" I say.

"He handed him over to the police a couple days after him and cash found me." She explains.

I nod.

"Well we better get some sleep before school tomorrow. Were gonna be seniors!!" I say excitedly.

"I know! I'm nervous but excited! But anyway goodnight" she says.

"Goodnight" I say and then drift off into a peaceful sleep.

^^^

"CARLI! GET UP CASH AND MAV ARE HERE TO TAKE US TO SCHOOL!" Dani says yelling at me.

I jump at the name of maverick. I get up and take a quick shower and then put on my clothes for school.

Carli's outfit ^

Carli's outfit ^

I walk out of the bathroom to see dani dressed and ready for school.

"Cute outfit dani!" I tell her smiling.

"Me!? Look at you!! Your beautiful" she tells me.

I tell her thanks and we walk downstairs to see cash and mav waiting for us. I look at mav and he looks at me. We stare at eachother for what seems to be hours but is only a few seconds.

I look away and walk out the door behind cash and dani with mav following behind me. Me and mav set in the back while dani and cash is upfront.

Dani and cash are making conversation while me and mav are silent in the back just looking at eachother, not saying a word.

Once we pull up to the school I get out quickly and go in. Once I walk in I see lani, cash and mav's sister and also my bestfriend.

"Hey!" I say to her.

"Hey! How have you been?" She ask smiling.

"Good! When did you get back?" I ask, not having seen her in a while.

"A couple days ago" she says then someone yells for her.

"I gotta go but see you at lunch?" She ask

"Yeah see you at lunch" I say giving her a soft smile.

I walk to my locker and put my stuff up. As I close it maverick stands beside me.

"What happen back there in the car?" He ask.

"Nothing. Just wanted to get inside the school faster" I say lying.

He nods and doesnt say a word.

"Can I see your school schedule?" He ask.

I nod and hand it to him.

"You have all classes with me besides art" he says.

I nod and we start walking to class.

^^^

The bell rings releasing us to lunch. I walk out of the class room, being one of the last people in the classroom.

I walk into the lunch room and set down in my usual seat waiting for all of my friends to come in.

Lani is the first one in and she sets beside me like usual and then cash and dani walk in setting in front of me and lani.

"Where mav?" I ask.

"Hes taking some girl to lunch today" dani say giving me a sad look.

I just nod and eat my lunch that my mom made me today.

Hes with someone else..  I thought he liked me.. or maybe i was wrong.

I shake the thought off and finish eating. When we had 5 minutes left, maverick walks in with a blond bimbo under his arm. She is laughing.

To be honest she looks like a whore. She has so much make up on and her hair is really blond and don't get me started on her shirt that shows over half of her boobs and her ass is hanging out of her shorts.

But she is pretty.. prettier then me. My hair is brunette and my eyes are a ugly blue and I'm not that skinny as her and my ass or boobs aren't as big as hers.

Tears form in my eyes but before anyone could see them I run out of the lunchroom passing maverick and that blond bimbo.

I walk to the library just wanting to be alone for a while. No one ever goes into the library. I set in the back with the beanbag chairs. Tears start to pour down my face.

I set for what seems to be hours but is only minutes then I hear foot steps. I quickly wipe my face and look down.

"Carli?" I hear someones voice. Not anyone's voice. Mavericks voice.

I look up at him.

"Carli.. what's wrong?" He ask sadly.

"Nothing.. I'm fine" I tell him.

"No your not, what's wrong?" He ask again.

"I dont want to talk about it! Ok!?" I tell him harshly which I instantly regret.

"Ok.. I'm sorry" he whispers then turns around and leaves.

Great. I made my bestfriend and secret crush hate me.

"Maverick!" I say getting up and going after him. But when I get to the library doors, hes gone.

I rush to the cafeteria and over to my friends to see them laughing with that blond bimbo.

"Have yall seen maverick?" I ask quickly.

"No why?" They asked at the same time.

"I yelled at him and when I went to say sorry he was gone" I say.

"You yelled at my boyfriend!? How dare you" the blond bimbo said.

"Your his girlfriend?" I say kinda upset.

"Yes. I am." She says rudely.

I nod and look down. There dating...

I decide to just go ahead and head to my last class of the day.

^^^

I walk outside and get in the car with dani and cash. Maverick wasnt here.

"Didnt find mav" I say.

They both shake there head. I sigh and look out the window.

I think I just lost my bestfriend...

₩₩₩
that's the first chapter of the second book to the Baker brother series! I hope you all enjoyed! Please vote and comment suggestions for the next chapter or chapters and please follow me! ♡
Word count: 1106