Chapter 1: Trust

3rd Person POV

"W-was that another mutant?" Raph asked, still in shock, they have never seen another mutant besides themselves and their father.

"Looks like it, but she's obviously scared and is gonna get herself killed. Ninja's move out." Leo ordered, so he and his brothers ran after Emma, who was still running and heading into the heavy streets.

"She's gonna get herself killed!" Mikey shouted as they started to speed up.

Suri had wound up in the busy streets of Manhattan, cars driving by, nearly hitting her. She was a deer in headlights. Too afraid to move. Just as one of the cars came closer, nearly colliding into her tiny fragile body. 

Raph luckily, snatched her just seconds before the car did and swung up to the nearest building away from any witnesses. 

"Good work Raph." Leo said relieved, he and the rest of their brothers came and circled around the new mutant.

Suri peeked from Raph's arm and freaked out seeing the rest of the turtles approaching closely and inspecting her. She quickly bit Raph's arm, sinking her teeth in until he let her go.

"OW! That's not how you say thank you to the person who just saved your life!" He shouted as Suri leaped away.

"Take it easy Raph, she's scared." Don said.

"Who how'd you get those?" Mikey asked pointing at Raphs cut up arm, blood seeping through the broken flesh.

"Guys." Leo interrupted.

All they're attention went to Suri who was only a few feet away, struggling to get up. Unable to pick herself up. Whimpering in pain as the glass shards shifted. Leo cautiously approached.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to be afraid." He said softly, squatting down and extending his arm out to offer her help with a gentle smile.

Suri scooted back and crawled behind an air release duct. Trying to hide.

"Mikey your good with kids, you give it a try." Raph suggested, nudging his youngest brother forward.

"Alright." He said unsure. The orange masked ninja slowly approached the mutant girl and sat a meter away in criss cross.

Suri POV

"Hey little dudette. Don't be scared, we only wanna help." The orange turtle said as he slowly approached me, his hand outwards. I wanted help, but what if they're lying!

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?" He asked while scooting closer; my spine rose, I growled and bit the tip of his finger when he got too close.

"Gah!" He said in pain, I glared at him and hissed, my body shaking in fear.

"It's okay, I know I don't taste as good as pizza." He chuckled.

Huh? He's not gonna attack me? Then my stomach started to growled, I missed pizza.

"Are you hungry?" He asked but I didn't say anything. I just peeked around and watched him.

"Ah, here. It's not much, but everyone likes chocolate." He pulled out a chocolate bar from his belt and offered it to me. I'm starving.