Chapter 28

Vote.
Comment.
Enjoy.

*********************************

Zanele's P.O.V:

"Mommy?"

"Mommy wake up."

Moooooooom," I heard a familiar voice whine just before I felt the person poke me on my cheek, waking me from the most peaceful slumber I've had in months.

"Hmmmm," I released a whine of my own, my eyes refusing to open and face reality. "Just 5 more minutes honey."

"See? I told you kid, that won't work. Do it kid." I heard a deeper voice say.

"But.... She'll get wet."

"That's the point."

"But what if she gets sick?"

"Nobody gets sick on their birthday. Only idiots do. Is your mom an idiot?"

"No!"

"Are you sure? I mean she does kinda look retarded to me."

"I thought you couldn't see?"

"For fuck's sake! Screw it, I'll do it myself," I heard the deep voice say just before my face was splashed with water, causing me sit up in such a quick motion, that I almost bumped heads with Alex.

"Did I get her?" I glared at the culprit, -who was once again, ladies and gentlemen- sitting on his grandfather's wheelchair, his eyes hiding behind his Ray Banz sunglasses. Alex didn't answer right away when she saw the anger on my face. "Did I get her Lexi?" he asked again.

"Yes," she confirmed while nodding, still giggling. Clearly she was amused by Christian's actions. "She does not look happy with you right now."

"Christian," I all but spat at him.

"Surprise! He mockingly lifted his hands in the air." Happy Birthday Chichi!"

I decided against correcting him knowing that he was calling me Chichi intentionally and I also wasn't in a mood for his unnecessary debates. All they ever manage to do is annoy me more, so I turned my attention to Alex.

"Is that the way you wish your mother a good morning on her birthday, Alexandra Sune' Ferguson" I said, using her full name to let her know that I was not pleased with her behavior either.

"Technically, it's 1pm. We've been waiting for you to wake up for hours now just because Roman wouldn't let anyone wake you up," Christian complained. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. I always wake up late on my birthday if it's during the weekend.

My question had ceased Alex's giggling and wiped all the amusement from her face as her eyes widened before her lips formed into a pout.

"I'm sorry mommy," she said as she climbed onto the bed and threw herself at me her arms wrapping around my neck. "I didn't want to, he made me do it. I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday, that's all."

"Seriously? You going to throw me under the bus kid? Whatever happened to us being a team?"

"Shut up Christian," I told him as I wrapped my arms around Alex. "It's okay baby, just don't do it again, okay?"

She nodded her head eagerly. "I won't."

"Traitor," Christian muttered.

I placed Alex on the bed besides me and turned towards Christian. "Why are you here, in my room, teaching my kid your rebellious tendencies anyways?"