━━━ part I

━━━━━━━
PART I
━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ELENA ROSE SINCLAIR , or Eli as many people called her, was one of the privileged. Being the daughter of a council member meant that she resided on the Alpha Station of the Ark with her father and mother; Jacopo and Rachel Sinclair.

The family of three was as close as they come, all of them involved in academic fields that were beneficial for the survival of the Ark. Her father was the chief engineer, her mother, the resident chemist and she was a technological genius, or training to be one. Their tight bond never wavered despite the hardships people in this society faced, and that's what made them the subject of much ridicule.

With Eli being an only child, like almost everyone on the vessel, she was used to her parents showering her with their undivided attention, when they had time to show it that is. Her father was her own personal hero. He was the reason Eli had gotten interested in computers. Their relationship was that of best friends as well as their father-daughter bond.

So when her father used to constantly praise Raven Reyes for her mechanical successes and her mother praise Carter Sydney for his knowledge of chemistry, she'd feel somewhat jealous. This caused a 'friendly' competition between the three, to see who was smarter, whose skills would matter the most and who was expendable. It was like fighting a war on two fronts, The techie vs the mechanic vs the chemist. Raven and Eli did respect each other, for the sole reason being they were both two intelligent girls trying to involve themselves in male dominated fields. On the other hand, Elena and Carter held a tolerance for one another since they both lived on Alpha station. Carter and Raven seemed to always team up against her, which she'd never complain about because in her mind if she could beat the both of them, it'd prove that she had the superior intellect.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━