Prologue

*Italics means thoughts*

3rd person point of view

"Mom, I am going to the park to play!" 6 year old Dan Kuso yelled.

"Alright, come home soon!" His mom yelled back. "Make sure to buy your dad his pudding!"

Dan's point of view

Life is great. Earlier, my mom bought me a cool, one-of-a-kind necklace (the picture above) to give to a friend, but I can figure out who. There is Marucho, but I don't think the necklace suits him. Then there is Shun. It would best on him since he lives in that cool Japanese house, but it just seems that it would work. One things for certain though; it can't be given to the Runo, Julie, Alice, or any girl.

This is a yin-yang necklace, so the person I give it to should be someone that is the opposite of me and fills in the parts of me that I lack. None of my friends fits that category.

As I came apon the water fountain that located at the center of the park, I sat down on the edge and looked up. The night sky look beautiful. It was a clear sky today, and I loved to see how many constellations I can spot. I then look around. No people in sight, just how star gazing should be. Suddenly, I was blinded by a bright and colorful light. I quickly shut my eyes. When the light dimmed down, I quickly looked around. Just on the over side of the fountain was a figure of a person. Who is that person? They definitely weren't there before?

"Hey! What are you doing there?"

The person quickly glanced at me and then started to run. Rude. I was just trying to help.

"Hey, wait, come back!" I yelled as I began to chase after him.

After a few minutes of running around the fountain, I finally managed to corner the mysterious person.

"Why... did... you... start...running?" I panted.

"I'm not supposed to be seen by your species."

"My species?"

Under the light of the surrounding park lamps, I could now see that he wasn't ordinary. He had light purplish-gray hair that was accented with dark purple edges, emerald eyes, and dark gray skin. He also wore a dark purple coat with green orbs on his shoulders and waist that went down to his knees, slightly baggy pants that were grayish purple, and ankle high boots with a slight upward curve on the toes. What stood out the most was the strange headband in the front of his head. It looked like two horns were coming out of his head. He also looked around three years older than I was.

"I am... not from here." The boy explained. He then stood up straighter.

"Obviously."

"Are all Earthlings this dumb? I am trying to say is that I am from another planet." Another planet?!

"I am not dumb! What do you mean?!"

"Exactly as I said. You shouldn't disrespect your superiors. I will not say it twice."

Superiors?! What is he, the king? He does know that time was ages ago. Does he?

It was then that a loud rumble was heard from the boy's stomach. However, he still stood tall. His face had the slight hint of embarrassment.

"You hungry?" I asked.

He reluctantly nodded.

"Wait here."

I ran toward a gas station and bought two sandwiches with my small allowance. I was going to use this to buy pudding for Dad,but I don't want that boy to go hungry. Then, I ran back to the fountain and silently sighed. The boy didn't leave. He looked up at me as I gave him a sandwich. We both ate in peace until he spoke.