Chapter 6

--------------------timeskip--------------------

Nighttime

Dan's point of view

I could not wait for tonight. Shun, Jake, Fabia, and Marucho have just gone through their scouting trips, and we all head to bed. That leaves me the perfect opportunity to sneak out. I check my bakumeter. 5:40 pm. I got tons of time to get to the meeting place. I just hope I am not caught.

I leave my room and head out to the meeting place. All of a sudden, I see Elright (shown in the image above) walking right towards me.

"Hey Dan, why are you up? Shouldn't you be in bed?"

"Umm, yeah. I was just going to get some water from the kitchen. I was thirsty." I lie. Way to go Dan. There is no way for him to believe that. That sounds like an excuse for a five year old to their mom.

"Oh, okay. But head back to your room right after. You will need all of the rest you can get."

"Sure thing." He actually believed me?! "Good night."

"Night Dan."

Elright waves goodbye and heads to his room. Drago and I scurry out of the palace and race to the meeting spot outside the second shield. Once I got there, I checked my bakumeter. 7:55 pm. Close. I look around. No guards in sight. I sit down on a nearby rock and wait. Just as the clock turns to 8:00, a colorful light appears. As the light disappears, the infamous Gundalian emperor stood before me.

"Right on time Barodius." I turn towards him.

"Do you know how easy it was to sneak out? It was like we were invisible. Those guards wouldn't even move unless we were standing a foot in front of them." Dharak exclaims.

"Seriously? That is the same with the castle knights. Sometimes, I think they do their jobs asleep." I respond.

My eyes followed Barodius as he sits down next to me. "What do you want to talk about?"

"I guess I just want to know what you have been doing for the last five years. We have a lot to catch up on."

"You have to say anything emperor." Dharak recoils.

Barodius gives a glare to Dharak. "Excuse Dharak. He doesn't trust people so easily."

"You and me both." Drago agrees.

"To answer you question, I have been studying."

"You were still studying? Like back then. What even did you study?" I ask.

"Literature, math, government, etiquette, the usual. Now, what have you been doing?"

I then proceed to tell Barodius and Dharak all that happened in the last five years like meeting Drago, the attack by Hal-G, the invasion of New Vestroia (Drago's homeland) by the Vexos, and what I have I done on Earth. I also told him how I have moved away to the other side of my home planet and how Runo still has a crush on me. He was astonished that I even did that much (obviously he was still annoyed with Runo's clinginess and thankful she didn't come).

"That is a lot. You were more active than I was."

"Yeah but none were as strong as you two are. I can't believe I am admitting it, but Drago had to evolve to get even close to your power. I can't wait to we actually battle."

Drago tries to shut me up while Barodius does something I never thought I would ever see.

"Master, are you okay?" Dharak asks.