Chapter 3

(Image above is similar to where Dan is)

Dan's point of view

I still couldn't believe I was doing this. This is Neathia's enemy, and I am about to talk to him like this whole war wasn't happening. However, he is still the friend that disappeared five years ago. He even kept the necklace which (I hope) was a good sign. Overall, I was just happy that me and Drago got out of the palace. It turns out that mostly everyone (all of my friends and their bakugan included) tired themselves out at the party and were all dead asleep. Also, sneaking past the other castle knights was easy. I look up at the clear night sky and smile. As for Drago, he kept looking around just to make sure this wasn't an ambush.

"Are you sure that this is the place?" Drago asks for the 5th time.

"Of course. He should be here any minute now." I should of given him a time to meet up. When I do, he is guaranteed to show up on time.

Just then, a colorful light appears before them. Drago looks in amazement (he was in ball form so it was mainly him saying "woah") as the light dims down to reveal Barodius and Dharak.

"Hey, I'm surprised that you made it."

"Same to you."

After that, we found a nice spot for us to sit. I take out some sandwiches that I brought and hand some to Barodius.

"Here, I got you some sandwiches. Thought you might be hungry."

He takes a sandwich and begins to eat it. Once we finished the sandwiches, I begin to talk.

"Ssssoooo, how is Gundalia?"

"They are alright. And you? How are you comrades?"

"Those comrades are my friends, and they are doing well. We were having a party for our victory. Do you guys celebrate?" I ask looking nervously clueless.

"Not really. We just say a job well down and work to do the next." He pause. "I know you are trying to hide something. I know that look on your face."

I sigh. "It is just that, this is the first time you and I had talked to each other since that day. I have so many questions. Like, who was that man? Why did he electrocute us? Why was he even there? But most importantly, what happened to you?"

Dharak looks at me confused. My guess is that he is wondering what I'm even talking about. Same goes for Drago.

"What are you talking about? You gave me some details, but what is going on?" Drago inquires. Dharak silently agrees.

Barodius speaks up. "Long story short, Dan and I were friends since we were 6 and when we turned 11, my father somehow found out about my little plan, and the next, he forcibly separates us."

It is good to know that he reme... wait a moment, did he say his father?

"Your father? That was the man that came that night?"

"Yeah."

"He was also the former emperor of Gundalia." Dharak adds.

"I see. What do you think Drago?"

"Honestly, I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that you and the emperor were friends."

I had to admit, I'm surpised as well. Then again, weird thing happen to me alot now a days. I turn my head to Drago.

"Hey Drago, can you leave me for a few minutes? I have a few things to talk to Barodius about." I ask.

"Sure thing partner, but I will still be nearby."